Q. Is it safe to use NB-UVB lamp for penile vitiligo?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

I recently purchased an NB-UVB lamp for vitiligo and I wanted to know if it is safe enough to use on my penis. I have read that normally, you cover your penis from UVB lamp radiation but in my case, I have vitiligo on my penis. Also, should I put sunscreen before or after treatment?

#

I have gone through your case. Your genitalia or penis should remain covered during the procedure. Do not expose even if you have a vitiligo over there. Apply Tacrolimus ointment over that area but do not expose it to light or you will get a serious reaction. Yes, it is very necessary to use sunscreen both before and after treatment. As on vitiligo skin, brown cells are lost and it may get burn if exposed to the sun.

| 

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»