Q. Kindly suggest the right action for my skin disease.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 04, 2020

I had red, scaly patches all over my body. I consulted a doctor and he said it as Pityriasis rosea. I took treatment for a month, but I guess they are enlarged. Now, I have completely stopped medicines. I took Averzine 25, L-Cet 5 mg, applied Propynate, Clobivax and Galderma. Another doctor says that I need to do a skin test to confirm psoriasis. I have attached the prescription here and the test is yet to take. Right now, I am applying an ayurveda cream Sorion topical and taking ayurveda medicines. I have also attached my recent blood test report. Please suggest any medications and right action.

#

I have gone through your investigation reports and they are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have seen your images and it is psoriasis only.

Yes, a skin biopsy should be done to have documentation for the future. It is a very small procedure. The small skin sample will be taken from the lesion.

Your dermatologist prescribed Methotrexate and it is a test dose given to you. Subsequently, if needed the dose of Methotrexate will be increased depending on your response. You have started on the right treatment.

Along with oral the topical medications given to you will help. Also, narrow band UVB therapy (ultraviolet B) called as phototherapy works well in case of psoriasis.

If your doctor has this facility, then ask him when you visit next time. Because, it will take time to resolve only with medication.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|