Q. There is a reddish-sticky part on my foreskin even after having medications. Why?

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A


Do you have a question on Penis Rashes or Blisters? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I am 39 years old. Since more than a month I had a blister on my foreskin, and I noticed a reddish-sticky part in my foreskin. I saw this after sex because it was painful (but it was not hard sex at all). The blister went away, but the reddish-sticky part stayed. I had also burning and heat in the skin of my testicles. I went to the doctor, and he found an infection. I had antibiotics pills and fungal cream.

After a week, everything was improved, but the reddish-sticky part was still there, but the doctor said everything was fine. But it is not. I went to another two doctors (a urologist and a dermatologist), and they said everything is fine. The dermatologist prescription was Vaseline, that was two weeks ago, and this stays. I am worrying about cancer, and I asked them a biopsy, but they refused. Since before five months I also had a red rash in the gland coming and going, but for more than a month, it has not happened again.

Related Questions:
I have itching on the testicles and white rashes on the top end of my penis. What it could be?
White tongue and blisters in the throat three months after sex. Is it serious?
What causes blisters on the lip?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Dermatology, Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand that you are concerned, but I can assure you that in the photographs there is no feature suggestive of any cancer. I understand that you had a blister after intercourse, that might be friction blister as other cause of blister in genitals include herpes, but that present as multiple tiny blisters.

Recurrent glans rash can be candida, but right now, I cannot see any changes. It might feel sticky and thin after healing of a blister for some time, but there is nothing to worry. And certainly, there are no features of cancer. Just use some good moisturizer or use the following.

1. Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

What could these fleshy-looking masses near the area of circumcision be?
Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with a genital wart a few months ago. This wart looked like a dark brown flat mole with a lesion next to it. It was located in the middle and underside of my penis. The dermatologist removed the wart. Recently, I noticed a few fleshy-looking masses near the area...  Read Full »
Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Kindly send a good quality image. Secondly, can you please tell me genital warts were removed by which procedure? For more information consult a dermatologist online --> http...  Read Full »
Does rashes on penis mean sexually transmitted disease?
Query: Hello doctor, For the past two months, I have been experiencing a minor rash on the crown of my penis. I have have been using antibacterial cream since then but it does not seem to recover. The rash occurred a month after I had an unprotected sex. No itch, no discharge, no pain while urinating or a...  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), genitals look normal clinically, skin is little dry, I do not see any rash, blister or ulcer which are the manifestation of STD. In the first picture, those white tiny bumps below the glans (...  Read Full »
What could be the cause of penis blisters?
Query: Hello doctor,I have blisters on the head of my penis due to masturbation without proper lubricant. I thought that it would heal by itself in a few days but now the blister popped and the skin is very tender and hurts to the touch. Also, another blister of sort, developed on the tip. It cannot be an ...  Read Full »
Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others. Please provide more details: Are these blisters painful or painless? Is there a discharge that you noticed? Is there a ...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Sepsis - Causes|Symptoms|Risk Factors|Diagnoses|Treatments|Prevention
Sepsis is a medical emergency, as it causes multiple organ failure. When the body's response to infection in the blood s...  Read more »
I have on and off acid reflux as well as mild dysphagia. Is this esophageal cancer?
Hello doctor,I am a 26-year-old male. I have been experiencing on and off acid reflux for a few weeks as well as mild dy...  Read more »
There is a hard lump under the nipple. I am afraid of breast cancer. How to proceed further?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I found a quarter-sized hard nonmobile lump under my nipple a day ago. Is that an...  Read more »

Also Read Answers From