Q. There is a reddish-sticky part on my foreskin even after having medications. Why?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 22, 2019

I am 39 years old. Since more than a month I had a blister on my foreskin, and I noticed a reddish-sticky part in my foreskin. I saw this after sex because it was painful (but it was not hard sex at all). The blister went away, but the reddish-sticky part stayed. I had also burning and heat in the skin of my testicles. I went to the doctor, and he found an infection. I had antibiotics pills and fungal cream.

After a week, everything was improved, but the reddish-sticky part was still there, but the doctor said everything was fine. But it is not. I went to another two doctors (a urologist and a dermatologist), and they said everything is fine. The dermatologist prescription was Vaseline, that was two weeks ago, and this stays. I am worrying about cancer, and I asked them a biopsy, but they refused. Since before five months I also had a red rash in the gland coming and going, but for more than a month, it has not happened again.

#

I understand that you are concerned, but I can assure you that in the photographs there is no feature suggestive of any cancer. I understand that you had a blister after intercourse, that might be friction blister as other cause of blister in genitals include herpes, but that present as multiple tiny blisters.

Recurrent glans rash can be candida, but right now, I cannot see any changes. It might feel sticky and thin after healing of a blister for some time, but there is nothing to worry. And certainly, there are no features of cancer. Just use some good moisturizer or use the following.

1. Cetaphil moisturizing cream.

| 
1 out of 1 likes