Common "Blisters" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Fluid-filled pocket in the upper layers of the skin is called a blister. Friction or rubbing, extreme heat or cold, exposure to chemicals in cosmetics, detergents, and insect bites, and medical conditions like chickenpox, herpes, eczema, etc., can result in blisters.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Why do I have a painless white blister on the scrotum?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a white blister on the scrotum for the past one year which is painless.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed a sebaceous cyst. Please get a review with pictures for better evaluation and the best possible treatment for your concerns.  Read Full »

My five year old child has fungal infection. Plesae help.

Query: Hello doctor, My child is five years old. He has a fungal infection on his fingers, and the skin around his fingers is blistering and bleeding. The blisters are yellowish. Please help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandhya Narayanan Kutty

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through the details and the images provided from your end and I do understand your concern. As per the images (attachment hidden to protect the identity of the patient) that have been shared, it does not appear to be a fungal infection. It is called impeti...  Read Full »

I have an itchy, fluid-filled rash. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy rash that has white blisters with fluid in it, and it started severely itching especially at night. Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have read your query and I am sorry for such discomfort. Let me look at the image you have attached (attachments are hidden to protect the patient’s identity) and reply to you. I need to ask a few questions regarding it: Are you diabetic? Any similar conditions...  Read Full »

Why are there chickenpox-like spots on my son's elbows and legs?

Query: Hello doctor, One week ago the back of my son's legs became spotty most of the spots became blisters, looked a lot like chicken pox, but some stayed as little spots. He also has a few spots on the outer side in his elbows, but these have not blistered. He is not ill, and not on any medication.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I will not be able to diagnose and grade your disease without a photograph, so would you mind in sending the good quality photographs taken in a natural light so that I could prescribe you the best according to the grade.  Read Full »

I have a blistering skin condition on the base of my penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a blistering skin condition on the base of my penis. One month ago, I had some ingrown hair which I pulled and it healed very slowly. Now, it appeared from nowhere. It is not itching, neither is it painful. I always use a condom.  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the photos attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is going in favor of herpes.   Read Full »

I have small bumps on my vagina and buttocks. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had sex with my boyfriend a few months ago. I noticed tiny bumps on his private parts, but I did not think I would get them. It started as one bump that had pus, but it burst. Now I am left with small bumps in the opening of my vagina or vulva and around my buttocks as well. Please he...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concern. Based on your description, it sounds like you may have contracted a sexually transmitted infection (STI). The tiny bumps you noticed on your boyfriend's genitals could be a sign of genital herpes, which is a common STI caused by the herpes simp...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing itchiness and blisters around my private area. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I had sex on my period, and now I am experiencing itchiness and some sores and blisters around my private area. I have tried a sitz bath, which helps, but I would want more suggestions. Maybe I am wrong, or should I see a gynecologist?Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Regarding your symptoms, I believe you have developed a sexually transmitted disease. Please kindly do a high vaginal and endo cervical swab test and revert. There will be no need to see a gynecologist. Please take the following: Use 1 % Gyno-...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the degree of burns in the baby injured by boiling water.

Query: Hello doctor, 1 year and 10 months old boy got injured by boiling water, the doctor pricked some of the blisters. The hospital could not say which degree of burn it is, so we are concerned and want to get a second opinion since he is crying a lot and is in pain, the doctor did not advise anything f...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This qualifies for approximately nine percent burns (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The child will need to take some painkiller medications like syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol 250 mg), half teaspoon thrice a day for 3 to 5 days to reduce the pain. As reg...  Read Full »

My mother is suffering from skin blisters and swelling all over the body. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,My mother developed blisters with pus covering her entire body. Most of these blisters have healed due to medication, but some remain on her legs. This persistence is likely because she stands for extended periods while cooking and has scratched those areas, leading to swelling. The doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I do understand your concern. Please do not be alarmed. The HbA1c levels are elevated. Blood sugar levels are within the normal range. Vitamin B12 levels are deficient. Serum calcium is low. Phosphorus levels are elevated. Urine reports indicate a urinary trac...  Read Full »

Are the blister on fingers due to ringworm infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I hope you are doing well. A blister kind of wound as appeared on one of my fingers in my left hand. I am sure I did not hurt myself on that finger. It is not itching and painful but it is healing now. The wound is circular in shape. I am taking the attached medications for IBS at the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Thakare Sampada Avinash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is not a fungal infection, looks to be a bacterial infection. The wound has started healing due to antibiotics you are on. It is difficult to comment on the exact cause of lesion. Topically, you may consider the application of Fusidic acid 2 % cream twice daily.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.