Q. I have blisters on my penis after masturbating without a lubricant. What is the treatment?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli
Published on Aug 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 13, 2019

I have blisters on the head of my penis due to masturbation without proper lubricant. I thought that it would heal by itself in a few days but now the blister popped and the skin is very tender and hurts to the touch. Also, another blister of sort, developed on the tip. It cannot be an STI because I have not had sex for several months now. How should I go about with the treatment?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others.

Please provide more details:

1. Are these blisters painful or painless?
  2. Is there a discharge that you noticed?
  3. Is there a history of fever?
  4. Is there a history of sexual intercourse?

The treatment would vary according to the details you provide.

If you underwent any investigations, please attach that during the follow-up.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

Thank you for the quick answer. And to answer the questions. They are painless except now that the blister had popped and it is tender to touch. There is no form of discharge as far as I can tell except the dead skin from the blister. There is no fever, but I had a pain in the waist, most probably due to the UTI that I had and I took medication for. I have had no sexual partner for the last seven to eight months.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

#

Your history and symptoms are suggestive of genital herpes, because of vigorous masturbation causing ulcers.

I suggest the following treatment:

1. Tablet Acyclovir 400 mg one tablet three times a day for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  2. Local application of ointment Mupirocin over the ulcer area twice daily after bath.
  3. Tablet Diclofenac twice daily for five days.
  4. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily early in the morning.
  5. Maintain proper hygiene.

Feel free to follow up at any time.

| 

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

What are the small flat bumps on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »