Q. I have blisters on my penis after masturbating without a lubricant. What is the treatment?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

I have blisters on the head of my penis due to masturbation without proper lubricant. I thought that it would heal by itself in a few days but now the blister popped and the skin is very tender and hurts to the touch. Also, another blister of sort, developed on the tip. It cannot be an STI because I have not had sex for several months now. How should I go about with the treatment?

Do you have a question on Bumps On Penis or Masturbation?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

MBBS., MD INTERNAL MEDICINE

There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others.

Please provide more details:

1. Are these blisters painful or painless?
  2. Is there a discharge that you noticed?
  3. Is there a history of fever?
  4. Is there a history of sexual intercourse?

The treatment would vary according to the details you provide.

If you underwent any investigations, please attach that during the follow-up.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

Thank you for the quick answer. And to answer the questions. They are painless except now that the blister had popped and it is tender to touch. There is no form of discharge as far as I can tell except the dead skin from the blister. There is no fever, but I had a pain in the waist, most probably due to the UTI that I had and I took medication for. I have had no sexual partner for the last seven to eight months.

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

MBBS., MD INTERNAL MEDICINE

Your history and symptoms are suggestive of genital herpes, because of vigorous masturbation causing ulcers.

I suggest the following treatment:

1. Tablet Acyclovir 400 mg one tablet three times a day for 10 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
  2. Local application of ointment Mupirocin over the ulcer area twice daily after bath.
  3. Tablet Diclofenac twice daily for five days.
  4. Tablet Pantoprazole 40 mg once daily early in the morning.
  5. Maintain proper hygiene.

Feel free to follow up at any time.

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.
Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed an ulcer from an abscess that is discharging. Clean the area with disinfectant and apply Neosporin (Neomycin) or Mupirocin cream over the affected area twice a day for 10 days. Take oral antibiotics to prevent infection in the wound like Zifi (Cefi...  Read Full »

What are the small flat bumps on penis?
Query: Hello doctor, There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes? I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.  Read Full »
Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am not going in favour of herpes.It looks like initial stages of penile lichen planus (attachment has been removed to protect patient identity). Herpes genitalis starts with a fluid filled blisters and do not remain for so long. For more information consult a derma...  Read Full »

Flacid Penis just before Ejaculation during Masturbation
Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »
Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If possible, please send me color doppler report. Also, do you watch porn or addicted to porn? If your penis doppler test is normal, then the cause is psychological may be due to excessive stress or porn induced erection problems. I see many c...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now