Periarthritis Shoulder

My chronic shoulder pain and bony protrusion is affecting my daily activities. Please suggest a solution.

Query: Hello doctor, I have chronic shoulder pain on both shoulders but more frequently on the right shoulder. I can feel a small protrusion of bone on my right shoulder when I touch, and it pains only sometimes when I touch that area. I have more pain while lying down, and when I am doing work or lifting...  Read Full »

Dr. Renjit George Marcus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry to hear about your pain. Since your pain started after a trauma it is mostly related to that. It can be due to a problem with your shoulder or your cervical spine. But the MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) of your cervical spine is not showing any neurologic...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

Even after medications and injection pain in my left arm muscles has not subsided. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having severe localized pain when I lift my left arm over my head and it is in muscles for more than four months. The rheumatologist did an x-ray and blood test which are all normal. He prescribed tablet Arcoxia-285 (90 mg) and Panadol (665 mg) + injection Depo Medrol 40 mg for 1...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read in detail your symptoms. It is suggesting periarthritis shoulder. The profile does not suggest inflammatory arthritis as the signs of inflammation are lacking and the tests are normal.  Read Full »

I have severe pain in my shoulder and neck. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40 year old female. I have been having pain in the shoulder and many times, this pain extends from the neck to the whole left hand. It pains a lot. I am suffering from this pain for more than six months. It pains so much like I have no control over my body and I get tears in my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The probable causes are cervical spondylosis or peri-arthritis of the shoulder. First, I need to ask few things: Do you have any co-morbidity like diabetes or hypothyroid? Do you have pain in any other joints? Do you have pain just when you get up in the morning? Does ...  Read Full »

How to find the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old female. My weight is 54 kg and height is 4'10". I have been suffering from upper arm and shoulder pain for the past one year, and it increased in the last three months. I cannot lift any weight. I feel pain with movement (forward and backward) of the arm. The arm is sti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Non-traumatic pain in shoulder in a female of your age group is either because of periarthritis shoulder or frozen shoulder or due to early osteoarthritic changes in the shoulder joint. Both clinical examination and radiological investigation such as x-ray and MRI sca...  Read Full »