Q. During erection my penis curve back to belly button which causes pain in testicles. Please help.

Dr. Raja Ramesh

When flaccid my penis is 2.3 inches and sticks straight. When erect it points straight up to my chin and has a large curve back to my belly button. My erection feels tight. I am circumcised. I also have very tender testicles and after sex, my lower back hurts and so do my testicles.

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

From what you say, it seems to be excessive upward curvature of penis (towards belly button). Though it is abnormal, no active treatment is necessary as long as you are able to have sexual intercourse. Only when it prevents sexual intercourse, treatment may be pursued. A photo taken during good rigid erection can help in better suggestions regarding treatment.

Pain after ejaculation is usually due to retrograde ejaculation. If ejaculate is coming out of the penis, then there may be partial retrograde ejaculation. Check your urine after ejaculation for any evidence of semen by testing in a lab. Consult a urologist to examine you and to suggest appropriate drugs for post-ejaculatory pain.

| 

Could this be due to tight suspensory ligaments? Also, my testicles are always very tender. I find it very difficult to have sex with the angle of my penis.

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

I saw the photos of your penis in erect state. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

There is too much curvature upwards. The point of maximum curvature is in the distal shaft of penis. Hence, it is not due to the tight suspensory ligaments. However, surgically releasing suspensory ligament can help to reduce the curvature to some extent and allow for normal sexual intercourse. If it still does not work, ventral shaft plication or dorsal shaft grafting procedures can help you straighten your penis.

First, I would advise you to consult a urologist in person to assess the state of your penis (for any plaques, stretched length, etc). Then surgical procedure may be planned.

A word of caution. Any surgery on the penis is associated with the risk of erectile dysfunction and surgical complications. So think twice before opting for surgical correction.

| 

Do you think surgery to release the suspensory ligament is a good option?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

Yes, it will make the penis point straight. Though some amount of curvature will remain, having sexual intercourse will become easier.

| 

Who would perform that sort of surgery?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

Urologists, Genito urinary surgeons, or even some general surgeons trained in genital reconstruction will perform such procedures.

| 

What would cause my penis to stick straight up?

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrology Urology
#

Normal penile erection is due to the accumulation of blood within the penis, under high pressure causing it to stick up like a rod. Depending of what is causing excess upward curvature, correction of the cause will cause your penis to point straight forward. This may be as simple as suspensory ligament release or complicated reconstruction of the dorsal (upper) surface of penile erectile tissues. I hope this helps.

| 

What is the recovery time for the Nesbit procedure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old healthy male. Last month, I had undergone Nesbit plication surgery for congenital penile curvature. The surgery resulted in a deep wound that is not healing properly. I had the same surgery five years ago, and there was no wound at all. Now, it has been a month, and ...  Read Full »

There are knots and stiffness in shaft muscle. Is this side effect of enhancement pills?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been to four urologists and none of them know what is wrong with me. Hopefully, you will have some information I do not already possess.I have a lot of discomfort with the penile shaft. It feels like there as knots and stiffness in the shaft muscle. When running or any kind of ex...  Read Full »

How to correct curved penis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have curved penis, which bends towards left side. The bend is on higher end than what it should be of normal one. I feel difficulty with intercourse. However, there is no pain during ejaculation. I did not have any injury. I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »