Q. Are these the side effects of Phendimetrazine?

Dr. Saumya Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

I took thermogenic Phendimetrazine for two days. I am now experiencing shortness of breath and excessive yawning. I am also burping all the time. I stopped taking the medicine six days ago and, yet I am still gasping for breath and experiencing these side effects. My doctor did an EKG and it came back normal. I also want to know, will this go away? How long will it last? Could taking these medications for only two days cause permanent damage? Is this a normal side effect?

#

• The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of the side effects of the medicine Phendimetrazine, an appetite suppressant.
  • The symptoms should go away. However, it may take up to 15 days.
  • Yes, the side effects can come within 2 days. Also, this side effect is well known.
  • If symptoms persist, then I suggest an MRI brain and CT chest. The former is needed because all symptoms and effects come from brain stimulation. 
  • You may need some extra oxygen if you cannot breathe optimally. If these concerns continue to persist, then please go to the emergency room and see a doctor for a full checkup.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|