Q. Kindly explain whether MRI brain and CSF studies show any relation to NPH.

Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail.

Do you have a question on Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus or Csf? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Can you please give the diagnosis of the uploaded MRI brain and CSF studies with a detailed report? Please advise on the action plan as to how to get the CSF findings treated. The MRI report is enclosed. Does the enclosed report co-relate with your findings? The MRI report CSF studies report shows CSF hyperdynamic flow of absolute stroke volume of 110 microliters per second against the normal of 50 microliters per sec per cardiac cycle. Also, my treating neurologist wanted an opinion on the following. Are there signs of NPH? But do the findings of brain atrophy, ventriculomegaly, hyperdynamic CSF flows suggest of idiopathic hydrocephalus and are some intervention required?