Q. I have pink rash on the side of my nose that gets worsened in sunlight. What could it be?

Answered by Dr. Atishay Bukharia and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Photoallergy or Sunscreen? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have pink rash on the side of my nose that gets worsened in sunlight. What could it be?

I have had a red/pink rash on the side of my nose for about a year and a half now. It is on the bridge of my nose. It gets better at times, but most of the time it is prominent. It also usually gets better when I am in a cool environment and worse when I am in a hot climate or in sunlight.

I used to take allergy pills every day for about two years and then I noticed the rash, so I stopped pretty much completely for about a month. It seemed to get worse and again I started taking them for another 3 months probably. It had no effect on the rash and I stopped completely and I have not taken a pill for almost three months. Does this sound like a reaction to the pill or is it something else?

The rash also burns and so I know when it flares up. The rest of my face seems to have gotten a little more inflamed but it might be my imagination. I am a 22 year old male. My height is 5'11" and I weigh 160 lbs. I have tried everything to get rid of it. Please help.