Photophobia

Are OCT results related with light sensitivity?

Query: Hi doctor, Since 5 years, I have significant floater 3 to 4 numbers in both eyes. I have mild light sensitivity photophobia. I was on stress medicine Escitalopram (Cipralex) 10 mg, an SSRI, for the past 5 years and presently not taking any medicine. Perimetry and eye pressure done regularly eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At the outset I want to assure you that, after going through your history and the OCT results (attachment removed to protect patient identity) there is no possibility of any threat to your vision. Photophobia is caused by some inflammation in the front part of the e...  Read Full »

My pupils are big after cataract surgery. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had cataract surgery. I can see objects only with the rigid lens and it is blurry. I cannot read anything. My eyes still get hurt by bright light and my pupils are big. Why?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After the cataract surgery, pupil may remain dilated due to surgical trauma to constrictor pupillae muscle or iris is damaged and becomes atrophic. Some drops also cause pupil dilation. Make sure you are not using any dilating drops with red caps such as Tropicamide, C...  Read Full »

What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Query: Hello doctor, I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light....  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities: Corneal epithelial dystrophy. Uveitis. Glaucoma. Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or...  Read Full »

My son was born without irises in the eyes. Is there any treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, My son has a genetic problem. Many doctors that we consulted say that he does not have irises in his eyes. He is only 14 months old. Is there any treatment? I also face the same problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think he has aniridia. I am sorry, but there is no permanent cure for this. But yes, you can try cosmetic contact lens, which will decrease photophobia. If his retina is fine, then this will help him. Regards. For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist...  Read Full »