Q. What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
Published on Apr 13, 2018

I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light. This has gone back to normal vision. I noticed that it is now affecting my “bad eye.” I woke up a few days ago quite dizzy and did not know what was going on. I am wondering if it happened then? As I have gone my whole life like this so maybe my body is confused? I am also worried because I am unsure of whether the vision in the “bad eye” will return to its normal state. This makes me dizzy at times and I think it gets worse when I am nervous about it which might be why I get dizzy?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities:

1. Corneal epithelial dystrophy.
  2. Uveitis.
  3. Glaucoma.

Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or corneal dystrophy. But to diagnose them with certainty you will have to undergo tests like:

1. Slit lamp examination.
  2. Goldman Tonometry.
  3. Fields perimetry

Until then, I suggest you start Carboxymethylcellulose plus Naphazoline eye drops four times a day. Nepafenac eye drops every morning. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and want to assure you that it is usually just a benign increase in tearing in both eyes after surgery that causes such a picture. It settles down on its own and will not need any further treatment than your post-operative medication. In ca...  Read Full

Diagnosed with Glaucoma: What Next?

Article Overview: Glaucoma is an eye condition that is caused by fluid-build up and increased pressure in the eye, leading to progressive vision loss. Read Article

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Glaucoma is a chronic, progressive disease. It poses a diagnostic dilemma for ophthalmologists and the patients get frustrated because it is often diagnosed at the advanced stage and they are unaware that they even have a disease. As there are no symptoms initially, they are unsure if they should co...  Read Article

How can my blurred vision be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having blurry vision ever since my sore eyes have been going away. It started a week ago when I was diagnosed with sore eyes. My physician told me to use Terramycin four to five times a day and on the sixth day, the swelling in my eyes got better. But once my eye was in a ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This blurred vision could be due to viral keratoconjunctivitis which means there is a possibility of involvement of cornea leading to blurred vision. Treatment usually includes soft steroid eyedrop like fluorometholone in slow tapering doses. It is a provisional di...  Read Full