Q. What is the reason for blurred vision and sensitivity to light?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I was born half blind in one eye. I have been through a stressful few months and it has all caught up with me now with headaches and anxiety-like symptoms, etc. I noticed during this time, that my “good eye” became hazy/blurry and became quite sensitive to light. This has gone back to normal vision. I noticed that it is now affecting my “bad eye.” I woke up a few days ago quite dizzy and did not know what was going on. I am wondering if it happened then? As I have gone my whole life like this so maybe my body is confused? I am also worried because I am unsure of whether the vision in the “bad eye” will return to its normal state. This makes me dizzy at times and I think it gets worse when I am nervous about it which might be why I get dizzy?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

The symptoms of photophobia and blurry vision points out to the following possibilities:

1. Corneal epithelial dystrophy.
  2. Uveitis.
  3. Glaucoma.

Given that there is a history of congenital impairment of vision in one eye, this tips the diagnosis towards glaucoma or corneal dystrophy. But to diagnose them with certainty you will have to undergo tests like:

1. Slit lamp examination.
  2. Goldman Tonometry.
  3. Fields perimetry

Until then, I suggest you start Carboxymethylcellulose plus Naphazoline eye drops four times a day. Nepafenac eye drops every morning. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|