Pityrosporum Folliculitis

How can I manage severe itchy skin eruptions?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, 70 years old with worsening skin eruptions, on upper right arm, and across the chest. It has also moved to the neck and jaw area. Extreme itchiness, which increases late at night, early morning. I have some photos. Unknown cause. Have tried some topicals, but no improveme...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your concern may be Pityrosporum folliculitis or Miliria rubra or cholinergic urticaria, atopic dermatitis. You can try Levocetirizine 10 mg any brand tablet once daily bedtime and Loratidine 10...  Read Full »

Why am I getting pimples on back and shoulders?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been developing pimples on the back of shoulders and on shoulders as shown in the photos attached. What could be the reason for this and what are the medications?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne occurs not only on the face but also on the upper back and chest. It is usually due to the hormonal activity over the oil glands of the body. Your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are suggestive of a combination of truncal acne and Pityrosp...  Read Full »

I am suffering from back acne.Kindly suggest remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from back acne. It is all over my back. It is like red pimple marks and black spots. Kindly suggest me ointment and soap or any medication which will help me get rid of acne completely.  Read Full »

Dr. Charu Bansal

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. I understand your concern. Acne on the back have mainly two differentials: Truncal acne, which is caused by Propionibacterium acnes. These are pimples which are spread to involve the back. The rash is pleomorphic and usually non itchy. Pityrospo...  Read Full »

What medicine can treat acne scars on my upper back?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. For no reasons, my upper back has formed acne in the back of shoulders and in the mid-upper back. I tried Benzoyl wash, Vanoxide Topical, and Doxycycline. There was no success. I am now using Hibiclens foam wash, Clindamycin and Benzoyl foam, and a Sulfamethox...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Perhaps it is Pityrosporum folliculitis. It is usually itchy and favors back and looks similar to acne. Do they itch in your case? Pityrosporum folliculitis would require oral antifungals. Anyways acne that is unresponsive to usual antiacne medications oral and t...  Read Full »