Q. What are the precautions to take in case of placenta previa?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on May 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 15 weeks and five days pregnant. Recently, she had an episode of a moderate amount of bleeding per vaginam. We immediately shifted her to the hospital where she was given some conservative treatment, and a USG was done. It was found that the inferior margin of the placenta was covering the internal os. The baby was healthy as per the reports. I am anxious. Kindly advise.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• There is nothing to worry about since everything is fine in the scan. Taking proper rest and hormonal supplements will do.

However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me with the reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for the response. Just let me know, is it placenta previa? If so, what precaution should we take and how?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yes, it is previa. But, there is nothing to worry about. It will move up as the pregnancy advances.
  • Precautions are no lifting heavy weights, intercourse or bumpy drives.

Take care.

Intermenstrual Bleeding or Spotting - Is it Normal or Should I be Worried?

Article Overview: Intermenstrual vaginal bleeding or spotting or bleeding between periods is considered abnormal and may usually require a patient seeing a doctor. It is also termed metrorrhagia. Normally, a woman has a regular menstrual cycle of 28 days with ranges between 21-35 days considered normal and menses can last for 2-7 days. Any bleeding out of these are considered abnormal.  Read Article

Dr. Nsah Bernard

Causes of Intermenstrual bleeding: Intermenstrual bleeding or bleeding between periods can be caused by a vast number of factors which may be physical or organic and psychosocial. If you are experiencing intermenstrual bleeding, then your doctor maybe a able to rule out one of the below most probab...  Read Article

Is travelling with placenta previa safe during the 28th week of pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28+2 weeks pregnant and have low lying placenta which is 1.6 cm from the internal os. I want to travel by train for a six hour journey. Will the train journey affect my baby and me? What should I do? What precautions should I take in this? Can blood clot happen in journey? Please adv...  Read Full »

Can I travel by air during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I had ectopic pregnancy last year and now am 11 weeks pregnant (normal). Can I travel through flight for more than 20 hours? I have thyroid. Right now my thyroid level is bit higher. I am on medication for thyroid.  Read Full »