Q. What are the precautions to take in case of placenta previa?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on May 21, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My wife is 15 weeks and five days pregnant. Recently, she had an episode of a moderate amount of bleeding per vaginam. We immediately shifted her to the hospital where she was given some conservative treatment, and a USG was done. It was found that the inferior margin of the placenta was covering the internal os. The baby was healthy as per the reports. I am anxious. Kindly advise.

#

• There is nothing to worry about since everything is fine in the scan. Taking proper rest and hormonal supplements will do.

However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me with the reports so that I can guide you further. Take care.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for the response. Just let me know, is it placenta previa? If so, what precaution should we take and how?

#

• Yes, it is previa. But, there is nothing to worry about. It will move up as the pregnancy advances.
  • Precautions are no lifting heavy weights, intercourse or bumpy drives.

Take care.

|