Q. My brother has something on his leg since two years. What are they?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

My brother is so worried about some wounds on his leg. I am not sure what they are. They are in his leg since two years and did not go away. He told me that it does not hurt. I am attaching a picture. What are they and will surgery help? 

#

I have gone through the images attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like plantar warts. It will not go off by itself. They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office-based surgery with a cautery machine or by laser. It is a superficial procedure which would be performed by your dermatologist and only local anesthesia is required.
  • Wear soft footwear as they are formed due to local pressure.
  • Salicylic and lactic acid based lotion can be used topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|