Q. My brother has something on his leg since two years. What are they?

Answered by
Dr. Gaurang Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on May 24, 2018

Hello doctor,

My brother is so worried about some wounds on his leg. I am not sure what they are. They are in his leg since two years and did not go away. He told me that it does not hurt. I am attaching a picture. What are they and will surgery help? 

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have gone through the images attached by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

  • It looks like plantar warts. It will not go off by itself. They are best dealt with radiocautery, which is a simple office-based surgery with a cautery machine or by laser. It is a superficial procedure which would be performed by your dermatologist and only local anesthesia is required.
  • Wear soft footwear as they are formed due to local pressure.
  • Salicylic and lactic acid based lotion can be used topically. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Also Read Answers From:

Related Questions & Answers

I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied co...  Read Full >>

Dr. Suvash Sahu

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems you have developed callosity or plantar wart. Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest ...  Read Full



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.