Q. I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?

Published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied corn caps two days ago. I have attached the pictures here for your reference. The white color bump is after application of corn cap and the red one when I was applying antibiotic ointment. It is causing unbearable pain. What shall I do?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest you to get paring the local area with a sterile blade.
  • Leave the area open and after three weeks if lesion persists, then go for radiofrequency cautery removal.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I have a painful white bump on my foot. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a white bump on my right foot causing pain and stiffness. I am confused whether it is an abscess or ulcer. I have applied antibiotics ointment and taken some antibiotic tablets as well.  Read Full >>

Dr. Shinas Hussain A P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description and photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have a plantar wart on your feet. You do not need to worry as it is a harmless condition and effective treatment options are available. I suggest yo...  Read Full

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts

Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now. Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu...  Read Article