Q. I have a corn in my foot. Can corn cap remove that?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

I have a corn in my right foot for the last 15 days. Initially, I applied antibiotic ointment and taken some antibiotics ointment. And, now I have applied corn cap. I want to know whether my treatment in going in the right direction. Can corn caps alone take care of corn? I have applied corn caps two days ago. I have attached the pictures here for your reference. The white color bump is after application of corn cap and the red one when I was applying antibiotic ointment. It is causing unbearable pain. What shall I do?

#

I have read your concern and examined your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Corn cap application macerated the surrounding area. Since you already applied it before two days, I would suggest you to get paring the local area with a sterile blade.
  • Leave the area open and after three weeks if lesion persists, then go for radiofrequency cautery removal.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|