Popping Sound

Do pain and popping sound during jaw movements mean osteoarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old, 5 feet 11 inches tall and weight 79 kg. Vegetarian diet. Before two years, due to stomach disturbance and pain and some popup and cracker sound occurred in my knee joints. I visited the doctor and he suggested me for a laboratory test of liver function test and all ...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all the history details and reports. It shows mild osteoarthritis which is not reversible. But if you maintain your weight and exercise, it will halt. Please do quadriceps exercise for knees and for shoulder, bench press. Take a lot of fruits and vegetabl...  Read Full »

Can Stress And Anxiety Cause Joint Problems?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 27-year-old male with no history of joint issues. Can stress and anxiety cause joints to pop? I was okay last month but this month it has been really stressful for me and I know my hands feel stiff and all my joints pop. When I raise my arms, one can hear the tendons stretching l...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Random clicking and popping joints is a common occurrence and as long as there is no associated pain or swelling, there is nothing to worry about at a young age such as yours. Excessive stress and anxiety can make your muscles taut. This can happen during periods o...  Read Full »

Why is there a pop in lower back followed by tingling sensation in legs?

Query: Hello doctor, Whenever I pop my lower back, I hear a loud pop and then I feel a relieving tingle going do my entire left legs, all the way through my toes. What is going on?   Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the history, it appears to be the involvement of the trapped nerve in the lower back which we address it as lumbar spine. Usually, people are prone to have damage of the intervertebral disc at the lumbar spine as it is the weight bearing joint having maximum mob...  Read Full »

Will cracking bones by chiropractor for relief cause discomfort in future?

Query: Hello doctor, Most often, I have heard from doctors that there is a liquid between every joint which is similar to an oil or grease to gears in the vehicle. They say, when we crack our bone, an element of that liquid gives the cracking sound and if we do it often, then the liquid declines and we ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cracking of joints is not advisable as there is a release of nitrogen molecule which in later stages can give trouble to joints more. In chiropractic practice, there is just unlocking of the joint so that the sensory system which is located over the joint gets releas...  Read Full »

Can muscle weakness cause cracking or popping of spine?

Query: Hello doctor, When I squeeze my shoulder blades together, my spine always cracks or pops (like cracking your knuckles). I do this maybe 20 times a day. I think it is becoming a habit. It helps to loosen it up. What causes this? Do I have muscle weakness? It has been an ongoing pain for three years ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The sounds coming from the spine is called as snapping of joints. A synovial joint is a joint where two bony surfaces are enclosed in a capsule with synovial fluid enclosed in it. It is like sound coming from two wet surfaces placed together and now separated. It is a no...  Read Full »

I could feel on and off cracking and popping noise around my jaw and wrist. Is this bad?

Query: Hello doctor, My jaw pops and cracks and it has been happening for like two years. It used to be worse but it comes and goes. Also, when I move my wrists, there is a cracking or popping noise. Sometimes, my wrist locks and I have to roll it to fix it. Is this bad? I am a female.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fingers popping is common and not considered to be a cause for worry. It, however, must be remembered that you should avoid popping them. Jaw cracking is another condition that as long it is not painful it can be observed, but if you have pain in the areas just in fr...  Read Full »

Why is there clicking sound post pectoral implant surgery with liposuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am about four days postoperative from pectoral implant surgery with liposuction. Recovery is going well. No fever or unusual swelling, etc. I have what I feel to be a normal pain. My only concern is that sometimes (not always and not with same movements) I hear what sounds like a gu...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What your surgeon has said is true. Few days postoperative may be until two weeks there will be slight crackling sound near and around the implant site. It is normal. The space created for the implant during surgery is what makes that sound. Nothing much to worry abo...  Read Full »

Few of my joints are popping. How to make it go away?

Query: Hello doctor, A few months ago, I was not thinking and I hit a door with my hand and it has been a few months since then. I got tests and an MRI done on it and came back fine, just a mild motion artifact they could find, and I do not know what that means. The elbow popping will not go away and my w...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. The issue what you are narrating could be due to poor movement control in the joint. Do not worry. I presume that you do not have much of pain and any other issue except popping. I would suggest: Do strengthening for your upper body and stab...  Read Full »

My right hip pops loudly. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old female. My weight is 135 lbs and height is 5'7". For the past two months, my right hip pops very loudly for at least once or twice a day when I sit on my knees and lean to my right. It hurts badly for a second and then the pain goes away. Though if it does not pop, my h...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Popping feeling or sound around a joint is often due to soft tissue rubbing over a bony prominence. They may or may not be painful.Other cause can be from within the joint, and this is more significant as it may come from the joint moving abnormally or something that is ...  Read Full »

Could low platelet count be due to arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I woke up with three of my fingers popping in the knuckles and fist. I put them under cool water, and it was better. When I went to my doctor, he said it as rheumatoid arthritis and prescribed some medicine. But, those medications did not work. My blood test came back n...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems like two of your joint sites (fingers and elbow) are involved, which could happen in the different type of arthritis. Some of the arthritis can cause low platelets. Kindly please give me the following extra information. How long do you have the finger poppin...  Read Full »