Q. Why is there clicking sound post pectoral implant surgery with liposuction?

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

I am about four days postoperative from pectoral implant surgery with liposuction. Recovery is going well. No fever or unusual swelling, etc. I have what I feel to be a normal pain. My only concern is that sometimes (not always and not with same movements) I hear what sounds like a gurgling sound (squishy) or a clicking sound (very light with no pain) almost like a little pop near my shoulder. I just want to make sure that this is normal. I called my surgeon and he said that it will go away.

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetology General Surgery Plastic Surgery – Reconstructive And Cosmetic
#

What your surgeon has said is true. Few days postoperative may be until two weeks there will be slight crackling sound near and around the implant site. It is normal. The space created for the implant during surgery is what makes that sound. Nothing much to worry about as it will resolve on its own. Just try not to do any massage over the area and avoid pectoral exercises during this period.

For more information consult a plastic surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/plastic-surgeon

|