Post-void Residual Volume

Blockage in urinary tract prevents me from voiding urine completely. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old male. I have been having trouble urinating. Whenever I urinate I feel like there is a blockage that is preventing all the urine coming out at once. This requires me to wait for a long time and continue pushing the urine out and then at the end I am using my fingers to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Semen blocking the way cannot happen so this much thing is clear. Secondly, for how long you are having urinary symptoms you mention? Do you have any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, or burning micturation? Does your poor flo...  Read Full »

What is the cause for frequent urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I urinate a lot, almost 32 times a day. When I urinate and come back, after a while, I can feel some urine passes my urinary tract, and I have to urinate again. Can you prescribe some tablets?  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We call this as urinary incontinence in medical language. There are so many possibilities which can be responsible for this. Most probably your urinary bladder may fail to empty properly due to weakness of bladder muscle. For this condition, you have to get a USG (u...  Read Full »

I am worried about my prostate enlargement. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, The sudden increase in the size of my prostate from 75 g to 100 g in a year worries me. Three biopsy test results taken before six years were negative. The PSA level stabilized, and free PSA ratio was satisfactory. Please see the enclosed results. My problem is frequent urination.  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have undergone extensive prostate biopsy under general anesthesia, and the PSA level (prostate-specific antigen) is not very different from now. The rate of increase of PSA is also fine, and for a large prostate, PSA is on the higher side due to volume. The pe...  Read Full »

My 7 year old daughter has repeated urine infections. How to clear it out?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter aged 7 years has a urine infection. We have done a urine culture as well as regular analysis and found that there is an infection. She has this problem from a long time. She has a bad habit of holding her urine for a long time until she can hold it no more.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what age did she started having UTI (urinary tract infection)? How often does she get UTI? Does she have a fever now? How is the general condition? Once this episode resolves, she needs an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters, and bladder) with PVR (po...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

How do I improve my low sex drive?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 57-year-old white male. My only medication is Metformin for a pre-diabetes watch. My blood sugar when I wake up is 100 to 121. I take it daily. I do not take metformin daily. My sex drive has dropped off to zero nine months ago. When I have sex, the quantity of semen is very le...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know a few more details. Was the decline in your sex drive slowly progressive or sudden? And how is your erection? Are you married? Or have a steady partner? Along with reduced stream, is there any straining to void, difficulty in initiat...  Read Full »

What causes an elderly man to not be able to hold his urine?

Query: Hello doctor, My 76-year-old father had urinary infection last month with a high number of pus cells. The infection started with fever and shivering and slight pain with urination. The doctor prescribed Oflox 200 mg twice a day. After that, he was also prescribed ultrasound scanning. In the scanning...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This urgency and leak of urine are age-related. I can suggest him a medicine but it might cause some postvoid residual urine and more chance of infection. If the problem is very severe, only then give him the medicine. I suggest tablet Soliten (Solifenacin) 5 ...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain, and I vomit as soon as I eat something. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male, who has diabetes. For my diabetic problem, I am using Insulin Human Actrapid daily 10 units. Therefore, I am getting weak and getting fits. So far, I have had five fits. I got CT scan of the brain, and there was a small blood clot in the brain. I also have p...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a urinary infection, which is causing all your symptoms of vomiting and abdominal pain. The kidneys are not removing toxins from your body and its accumulation is causing all sympto...  Read Full »