Q. My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Dr. Devendra
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My foreskin also seems to be dry and flaky. Do the photos look like warts or herpes? What color should a normal penile hole be? Why is my urine leaking? The meatus opening is a little swollen. I have attached some photos.

#

• From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus is pinkish.
  • For urinary urgency, frequency, and post-void dribble, I need the following details:
  1. How is the flow of urine?
  2. Do you need to strain to pass urine?
  3. Did you have blood in urine?
  4. How many times do you get up at night to void?
  • The investigations required are urine analysis, ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder), with PVR (post-void residual) urine. I will discuss the treatment after above details are available.

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. I have to push a lot to urinate. In the morning, it seems to be fine. I do not have blood in urine. But I have some kind of clear substance floating on top of my urine. What could this be? My stool also seems to be loose for the last three weeks. Can you please explain what causes the argue and why the leakage? I have also noticed a single white spot near my meatus opening on the right side, and I have attached a photo of it. What is this? On the rim of my penis, it seems like my skin is coming off. It seems like whole patches have come off. I have attached a photo of that also. I am worried if this is cancer or HIV or STD. Please help.

#

• I have seen all the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The white spot seen on glans is natural due to small secretory gland over it, and it does not appear to be STD (sexually transmitted disease). Avoid unprotected sex before marriage.
  • The corona where you feel skin coming off is also normal. Daily, retract the prepuce while taking a bath and wash with water and replace back in front.
  • For the urinary symptoms, I suggest you try taking capsule Roliflo OD (Tamsulosin and Tolterodine) 2 mg, at bedtime for seven days. After a week, follow-up with urine report and ultrasound.

Revert after a week to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|