Q. I urinate almost 32 times a day. Why?

Dr. Amit Arora
Published on Nov 01, 2019

I urinate a lot, almost 32 times a day. When I urinate and come back, after a while, I can feel some urine passes my urinary tract, and I have to urinate again. Can you prescribe some tablets?

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiology
#

We call this as urinary incontinence in medical language. There are so many possibilities which can be responsible for this.

Most probably your urinary bladder may fail to empty properly due to weakness of bladder muscle. For this condition, you have to get a USG (ultrasonography) done, where I want the detail about post-void residual volume. It means an ultrasonologist will take scan one before urinating and another after passing the urine in which he will mention the volume of post-void residual urine (PVU). If the volume retention is moderate, then we have to strengthen your pelvic floor muscle with some exercise and believe me it gives an excellent result and I had, treated so many patients with that exercise.

Another possibility is decreased blood concentration of ADH (anti-diuretic hormones) which is, responsible for concentrating the urine and lack of this hormone is responsible for frequent urination.

The last but not least, I would advise to get your blood sugar level done (both- fasting and two hours after a meal). As you know, without knowing the cause, nobody can prescribe you the medicine as it can be dangerous for you. So I will suggest you to follow my advice, get these two tests done, and send it back to me for proper evaluation and treatment of your problem.

What are the possible causes for urinary incontinence?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 76 years old. I had an open radical prostatectomy about four months back. Today, I am completely incontinent. I do not smoke or drink. I do hiking and exercise daily. I also do the Kegel exercises faithfully. I have read several ways to do them and I can locate the sphincter mus...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Urinary incontinence is a major complication of radical prostatectomy. It happens in 90 percent of the patients. Your urinary incontinence is not related to the lake in the abdomen. Usually, urinary incontinence will be present till one y...  Read Full

I have frequent urination and minimal calcification. Does it mean prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I am worried about my prostate as my grandfather had prostate cancer and my father had an enlargement but was already cured. I had an ultrasound last year due to frequent urinating and result showed minimal calcification a year back. The Radiologist told me that the ca...  Read Full >>

Dr. Karthik Rajan
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. It is extremely unlikely for you to develop prostate cancer at your age. Even in families with hereditary prostate cancer, the usual age people develop cancer is above 40 years of age at the lowest, though it is usually between 50 to 60 y...  Read Full

I have urinary incontinence, pain and swelling in groin lymph nodes. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 34 years old male. I started having incontinence problems about 4 to 6 months ago (cause unknown). It began with issues only happening at night while sleeping. A month ago it had progressed to occasionally not even being able to make it to the bathroom before I began to pee. Then, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shahil Khant
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. I have some questions for you as follows: At present do you have any incontinence? Was it protected or unprotected sex? Are ulcers at the site of the cut or in your penis? If possible send me more broad view images of ulcers and penis ...  Read Full

Ask a Family Physician Now