Potassium Citrate

What is the treatment for recurrent UTI?

Query: Hello doctor, Ever since I had started being sexually active last year, I have been getting frequent UTIs. I had been having a UTI for a long while. I got it checked last week, and I was prescribed Sofilex for five days. The UTI got better, and everything was fine for about a week, and today it sta...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have already mentioned, sexual activity is a risk factor for UTI. A urine analysis report done during the UTI (urinary tract infection) episode, will give us a better picture of the number of pus cells. I request you to share two such reports of tests done ...  Read Full »

What do sudden frequent urination and flank pain indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from frequent urination for the last two days and slight pain in the left side abdomen. The urine test found 10-15 hpf RBC and the USG report came back normal. What does this mean?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you smoke? At 33 years, the combination of recent onset of frequent urination with flank pain and urine analysis showing RBC (red blood cells) indicates the most likely passage of the small ureteric stone. If USG comes persistently normal with same picture repeated, t...  Read Full »

I am experiencing pain but stone has not passed. Should I see a doctor now?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed several months ago with bladder stones. Tests on stones indicated uric acid content also. I have been on Flomax, then one week ago started Avodart. Most days, I drink lots of water and sometimes coconut water. I pass stones every two or three weeks - different sizes. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope the bladder stones you mentioned you had earlier had passed. Blood in urine after renal colic suggests stone may have reached the lower end of kidney tube (ureter) and may pass soon. However, it is best to confirm it has passed by getting an ultrasound done. Flo...  Read Full »

Is it safe to travel abroad if I have kidney stones?

Query: Hello doctor, I was suffering from back pain and after an examination with ultrasonography in the KUB region, a 2.8 mm calculus was found in the right kidney and a 2.6 mm calculus in the left. I consulted a urologist, who suggested further examination. I have attached the reports of the same. I hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and your prescription (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You do have kidney stones, but they are too small to cause any pain. For this size, we usually we do not suggest any surgery. It can be dissolved with medicines. It...  Read Full »