Q. My periods occur either delayed or prior to the due date. Why?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 19, 2019

From the last six months, I am getting my periods either five days before my due date or two days later than the due date. I want to know, is it normal to experience this time interval in periods?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, this is normal. Seven days plus or minus is considered as a normal menses cycle. It means any cycle length between 21 to 35 days is normal.

I use to get small blisters over my oral lips. It occurs on the lining of the lips. Very tiny and minute blisters all over lips. It happens whenever I get my periods. What can be the cause and treatment?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is nothing which can cause such blisters over the lips before menses. It could be generalized acne on face due to hormonal changes before acne. I suggest medicine which is used for all symptoms associated with premenstrual period. Kindly consult your doctor, to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with concern.

Tablet Primosa 500 mg once daily for one month.

I hope this will help. I generally do not have any problems prior menses but in the last three to four times I use to get these rashes type of tiny blisters all over my oral lips, and it vanishes almost after a week or 10 days. I hope this tablet will help and does not cause any other side effects.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

This tablet does not cause any side effects as such. Generally, if anythings appear before and vanish after menses, the treatment is advised only if it is bothering you. I hope you have not changed any cosmetics or face wash or anything which cause allergy. Sometimes waxing over lips also cause such problems. Kindly think of these issues as well. I mean try to correlate, if you do not have such things then take medication which I suggested.

Nothing as such. And as I told you, it has started before three to four months only. Before that, it was not the case. But now this thing re-occurs almost every month. It may be cold sore, or fever blisters type but very minute and go away after 10 days. If you say, I will take this medicine for one month. I hope this will help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Try this for one month. If your problem remains as such, then I would prescribe you OCP's (oral contraceptive pills) for three to six months. Do not worry. Everything will be fine.

How to remove the scar in my face following a skin infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I developed a skin infection on my face. It is in three places. One on the right corner of forehead, one just near below my right eye and then one just below my right lip. Symptoms started with some itching and redness. Below my lip some kind of small blisters wer...  Read Full »

What could cause yellowish vaginal discharge?

Query: Hi doctor, I just noticed that I had some yellowish discharge from my vagina. I do not have any itching or burning while urinating and there is no odor from the discharge. I was checked for STDs about three or four weeks ago and everything came back negative. I had protected sex with a condom last ...  Read Full »

Is the delay in my period due to stress or pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, The dates of my last three periods were on the 20th, 16th and 13th the last three months. I had protected sex many times with my boyfriend but always with a condom and it never broke. It was always protected sex. It is the 11th today and still no periods. I am worried. Could I be pregn...  Read Full »