Lip Blister

What to do for cluster of blisters present in the corners of the mouth?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you tell me if a cluster of blisters that went from deflated in the center to smaller clusters, to ulcers healing in three days sounds more like a cold sore or impetigo? It appeared next to a picked pimple by where I have had cold sores before, but this was a cluster of tiny blist...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your history and photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you have developed herpes labialis also known as cold sore. Herpes labialis is a kind of viral infection with HSV (herpes simplex virus) virus. It is not a bacterial infection ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for pus-filled boil under the lips?

Query: Hi doctor, I was having a small boil under my lower lip edge and I pressed it and opened the pus. My lower lip is fully swollen with yellowish and there is a small cut while pressing for pus. This is very painful now.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your statement, you have a boil under your lower lip edge and your lip is swollen after pressing it. It is painful too. Boil is a skin infection caused by Staph.aureus and its aggravating factors are DM (diabetes mellitus), immune-compromised, anxiety, et...  Read Full »

How to treat lip infection with a bump and lip cracks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have lip infection with a bump. Lip cracks are already there over a year and consulted a doctor from icliniq. They suggested me Chaptex lip balm but no more good result now a bump has appeared about one day.  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I can understand your concern. This bump on the inner side of your lips is called aphthous ulcers (simple mouth ulcers). So many factors can cause ulcers in the mouth. ...  Read Full »

I am getting my periods either five days before or two days later than the due date. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor,From the last six months, I am getting my periods either five days before my due date or two days later than the due date. I want to know, is it normal to experience this time interval in periods?  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is normal. Seven days plus or minus is considered as a normal menses cycle. It means any cycle length between 21 to 35 days is normal.  Read Full »

Does use of Abreva cause blisters on the lip?

Query: Hello doctor, Last week I woke up with what appeared to be three to four tiny blisters on my upper left lip, outside of the mouth, not inside. I recently had a baby and have not left the house except to go to a dental appointment one week before developing these small blisters. I went to the doctor...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. There can be other skin diseases which mimic HSV 1 infection on lips, but still, it is quite characteristic clinically, things which can sometimes look like are paederus dermatitis, hand foot, and mouth disease, but it is seen usually in children and blisters else...  Read Full »

Developed a blister on the lip. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blister on the lip, which developed in the morning today. My medical history includes hypothyroidism, and I am on regular medication for the same. Here, I have attached the photo.  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.It looks like a traumatic fluid collection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. It should resolve on its own.Do you have any habit of tobacco chewing?Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

Is the lesion on my lip a pimple or herpes?

Query: Hello doctor,I regularly have chapped and dry lips, and this spot was a cut on the lips, and I messed with it. I have attached a picture. Is this a pimple or could it be herpes? I have no other symptoms and a cluster of bumps did not form before this. It was red at first and pain-free, but now it ...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand your worry.This lesion seems to be infective in nature. Herpes which spreads sexually is herpes progenitalis, which occurs over genitals. Herpes occurring over lips is herpes simplex...  Read Full »