Q. Developed a blister on the lip. What is it?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

I have a blister on the lip, which developed in the morning today. My medical history includes hypothyroidism, and I am on regular medication for the same. Here, I have attached the photo.

#

• It looks like a traumatic fluid collection (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do not worry. It should resolve on its own.
  • Do you have any habit of tobacco chewing?

Revert with the details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Thank you doctor,

There were two small dots on the lip when I brushed. I just applied Zytee gel, and after that, it got swollen. I do not chew tobacco. I never smoked or eaten it in any form. Occasionally, I do eat green cardamom and pan masala without any tobacco.

#

• It does not look anything to worry. It could be a mucocele with traumatic blood ooze. It should resolve within a week.
  • There is nothing to worry. If any more such lesion appears, then get CBC (complete blood count) and coagulation profile.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

Is it safe to conceive second child with history of clots with first pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering whether conceiving a second child will be safe after having a history of blood clots with first pregnancy and postpartum.  Read Full »

What are the causes of yellowish vaginal discharge?

Query: Hi doctor, I just noticed that I had some yellowish discharge from my vagina. I do not have any itching or burning while urinating and there is no odor from the discharge. I was checked for STDs about three or four weeks ago and everything came back negative. I had protected sex with a condom last ...  Read Full »

Is frequent nose bleeding without any reason normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask if the nose bleeding is normal? I mean the father's family are like this. They just get the nosebleeding out of the blue and so the child too, just a while ago. I am really worried about my nephew. Is this normal? Or something serious is going on? Please help me.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»