Q. Is Prevagen or Prevagen extra strength pills safe for brain boost?

Dr. Rahul Rathee

I would like to know if the Prevagen or Prevagen extra strength pills are safe. I heard that the FDA issued a warning but am not sure if it is true or not. I am in my mid-20s, male with no medical conditions. I sometimes feel mentally tired because of work and responsibilities. I believe I need something to boost my brain to help me function better. I have to wake up at 5:30 am almost every day. Are there any recommendations? What should I do?

#

It is a fact that the FDA (Food and drug administration) has issued a warning because of some potentially serious side effects of Prevagen and in fact FDA is planning to take legal action against the firm who manufactures and promotes Provagen. Provagen is promoted as a brain vitamin which is a myth and moreover FDA has asked the company to label it as a "DRUG" and not as a "SUPPLEMENT". Provagen contains an ingredient called Apoaequorin. The potential side effects of Provagen include stroke, seizures, emotional instability, behavioural changes, and tremors.

I would strongly recommend you stop taking Provagen, and instead of that you should use and adopt natural things like meditation, regular exercise, lifestyle modification, etc., to deal with everyday stress.

|