Q. Is Prevagen or Prevagen extra strength pills safe for brain boost?

Dr. Rahul Rathee
Published on Nov 14, 2019

I would like to know if the Prevagen or Prevagen extra strength pills are safe. I heard that the FDA issued a warning but am not sure if it is true or not. I am in my mid-20s, male with no medical conditions. I sometimes feel mentally tired because of work and responsibilities. I believe I need something to boost my brain to help me function better. I have to wake up at 5:30 am almost every day. Are there any recommendations? What should I do?

Dr. Rahul Rathee

#

It is a fact that the FDA (Food and drug administration) has issued a warning because of some potentially serious side effects of Prevagen and in fact FDA is planning to take legal action against the firm who manufactures and promotes Provagen. Provagen is promoted as a brain vitamin which is a myth and moreover FDA has asked the company to label it as a "DRUG" and not as a "SUPPLEMENT". Provagen contains an ingredient called Apoaequorin. The potential side effects of Provagen include stroke, seizures, emotional instability, behavioural changes, and tremors.

I would strongly recommend you stop taking Provagen, and instead of that you should use and adopt natural things like meditation, regular exercise, lifestyle modification, etc., to deal with everyday stress.

After taking cocaine, I usually end up with sexual chats about minors. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very unusual problem and quite honestly, I am petrified of the reply. But, I feel I need to talk about it and get a professional outlook on what is going on in my head. I am ashamed to admit that for many years I have had on and off problem with cocaine. I suffer with low self e...  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

Dietary Supplements to Combat Chronic Fatigue

Article Overview: Unexplained fatigue, painful joints, aching muscles, drowsiness, foggy memory, and lack of concentration are prevalent across all modern societies. Our food choices are the primary cause of such issues. Researchers and medical scientists suggest choosing your diet wisely. This article covers how soy products, wheat, raw nuts, and seeds many ruin your health and body energy. Your immune system can be damaged by such foods. Polyphenols act as the energy boosters that your body needs. Read Article

Are you combating unexplained fatigue and want to crank up, both your physical and mental energy levels?  If yes, it is high time to reconsider your diet and eating habits.  Foods That Have a Toxic Effect If Consumed on a Daily Basis: Soy products contain phytoestrogens and goitrogens. P...  Read Article