Q. Can deworming stop the teeth cluttering in my five year old daughter?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 03, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 25, 2021

My daughter is 5 years old and recently started making teeth clattering noise during sleep at night. We have never got deworming done for her. The doctor suggested giving 400 mg of Albendazole syrup around two weeks back, but the problem still persists. Should we give a dose of Bandy plus? If yes, what should be the dosage? What should be the starting age for deworming and till what age should it be continued? And, is it to be administered every six months?

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• Please note that there is no relation between teeth clattering and deworming.
  • I would rather get her teeth examined to know if there are any dental caries or any malpositioning issues. These are some of the causes for the child to feel some sort of irritation in the teeth, which may eventually lead to making teeth clattering sound. Please consult a pediatric dentist, get it examined and take their opinion.
  • Deworming can be done every six months. You can give Albendazole 400 mg once at night every six months for deworming. You can stop deworming by age of six to eight years. There are no fixed criteria for that.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|