Common "Prostate Disorder" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Prostate Disorder

A prostate disorder is known as a disease affecting the prostate. The common diseases affecting the prostate are prostatitis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and prostate cancer. The common symptom of prostate problems is difficulty in urinating, inability to have bladder control, blood in urine, and pain during ejaculation. These symptoms can be controlled by limiting the intake of beverages, caffeine, alcohol, and taking a healthy diet.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am worried as I have a burning sensation, pain, and problem with urine frequency. Can it be due to recurrent prostatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I always had problems with urine frequency due to stress but a week ago I had unbelievable burning and pain went to the doctor and he said its a case of prostatitis pus cells was 20 to 25/hpf my CRP (C-reactive protein) was 188 m/dL and I had escherichia coli bacteria even my PSA prost...  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. Sorry to hear about your troubles. First of all, let me start by saying prostatitis is a very tricky situation to deal with. It is extremely common between the ages of 20 to 50 years and unfortunately comes back from tim...  Read Full »

My recent PSA ultrasound revealed that I have a small cyst on my prostate. Should I be concerned about it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 62 years old, and I have a small cyst on my prostate. So, is a very small cyst on the prostrate anything to worry about found while doing an ultrasound PSA? Is that normal for my age? Please answer.  Read Full »

Dr. Madhav Tiwari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. Prostatic cysts can arise due to many causes, like, Mullerian duct cyst, prostatic utricle cyst, ejaculatory duct cyst, cystadenoma of the prostate, cystic degeneration of prostatic tissue, prostatic retention cyst,...  Read Full »

Do I experience pressure in my rectum and constipation due to prostate gland enlargement?

Query: Hello doctor,I have had constipation issues and feeling pressure in my rectum for the past ten days. It feels like I need to urinate, but I do not. I thought it was constipation. So, I went to the doctor and got a urine test done. The test showed trace amounts of occult blood. I was given the tablet...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From the attached reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), this seems to be chronic prostatitis and not enlarged prostate. Prostatitis can cause rectal symptoms as it is located adjacent to it. Inflammation will cause swelling and some degree ...  Read Full »

I have been diagnosed with UTI with pain in the tip of the penis. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months back, my doctor diagnosed me with UTI. I had symptoms such as frequent urge to urinate and pain in the penis while having intercourse. I was prescribed Orelox 200 mg, Canesten cream, Luliconazole and Mupirocin cream. It got better after that, but the pain has returned. Last...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to This seems to be prostatitis. It can be caused by sexual contact mostly. And treatment is with long-term antibiotics and alpha-blockers. I suggest you consult a specialist and take the following medicines with his or her consent. Tablet Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice dai...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with an enlarged prostate and a high urine retention rate. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, As I was doing medical examination, I discovered that I have enlarged prostate, and my urine retention rate is high. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi Welcome to I have read your query and understand your concern.The prostate gland can be enlarged in patients above 50 years of age and is treatable with medicines, but might need some tests like uroflowmetry and serum PSA (prostrate-specific antigen) test. I suggest you take Tablet ...  Read Full »

Why do I have the feeling of masturbating after overeating or defecating?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old male. I feel aroused or have a strong urge to masturbate whenever I overeat or have to defecate after overeating. However, this feeling goes away immediately after defecation, as if physical pressure was lifted. I am worried it is a prostate problem, and I have noticed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Erection and sexual desire are normal, and it differs from person to person. Some people have more desire than others, and that is also normal. The prostate gland enlarges in all people of age 50 years and above. Follow-up with uroflowmetry an...  Read Full »

Is PAP test valid for screening prostatitis symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I asked my doctor to do PSA test. The PSA came back normal at 1.0 ng/mL. However, he also did prostatic acid phosphatase test which was high at 4.5 ng/mL. My question is whether prostatic acid phosphatase test is valid for screening or not? Should I need to do these tests again? I had pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your query. Prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP) has been replaced by PSA (prostate-specific antigen test). It is better in the detection of prostate cancer compared to PAP. The elevation of PAP levels alone is not a cause for concern. I hope your treating...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for a mild benign prostatic hyperplasia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 58 year old male. Except for low blood pressure, I am in generally perfect health with mild benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) that has not been getting noticeably worse lately but, has been present for years. While my stream is certainly not like when I was younger, I have no d...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello,Welcome to have gone through your history. If possible, send me a graph of your bladder pressure study and flow. If the bladder pressure is high, then it is better to get operated for the prostate enlargement. A high power or pressure in the detrusor suggests a bladder outflow ob...  Read Full »

Please shed light on medications being taken for follicular cystitis.

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 62 year old male. I get constant pain in my penis and get the feeling of my bladder bursting which I try to relieve by urinating, but when I attempt to urinate, I have to apply a lot of pressure to relieve a minimum of only 30 ml or less of urine. Therefore I am forced to sit on...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to You have a small capacity bladder with irritative and obstructive symptoms. You may require a uroflow to see if your prostate is obstructing or not. I assume that your IVP study is normal and urine AFB has been done on three consecutive days so that tuberculosis has been ...  Read Full »

Kitchari Mono Diet

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a white coating on my tongue. Also, since my childhood, I have had a problem with frequent urination. I have a slightly enlarged prostate of 21.9 whereas less than 20 is normal. My skin has always been very dry. For about 1 or 2 years, I am losing hair and suffering from dan...  Read Full »

Dr. Santhosh M D

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through your details and found that you are following certain kind of diet, which is not really beneficial in this condition. Instead of sticking with a mono-diet (ayurveda diet for detoxification) you can make the following practices. Only three times food in...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.