Q. My 2 year old son sleeps with a bottle in his mouth. Will it cause any problem?

Dr. Purva Jingar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2021

Hi doctor,

My 2 year old son wants a bottle in his mouth to sleep in the afternoon and at night. I fill the bottle with water. He does not drink it, but he just keeps it in his mouth until he falls asleep. Will this cause dental problems? Will it affect the shape of his teeth? Please guide me.

#

• It is normal that a child at the age of 1 to 2 keeps the nipple of the bottle in the mouth, but this should be stopped as soon as possible because this might affect the inclination of the teeth.
  • Just visit a pedodontist and ask for correcting this habit and other guidance. Give your child better options to eat and drink. It is the right time to make them habitual to healthy food habits.

Wish your child good health and happiness. Keep me updated with the improvements.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|