Common "Psa Level" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Psa Level

PSA Level is a measure of the Prostate-specific-antigen in blood, a protein synthesized by the tumor cells and the non-tumor cells of the prostate. High PSA levels indicate prostate cancers, prostatitis, or an enlargement of the prostate gland. 0 to 2.5 ng/mL is the average PSA level; 2.6 to 4 ng/mL is borderline and requires medical attention. If the PSA level is between 4 to 10 ng/mL, there is a chance for prostate cancer and should be evaluated, whereas a PSA level more than 10 ng/mL is hazardous, and the possibilities for prostate cancer are high.