Psa Level

Does prostate enlargement cause blockage in passing urine?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a problem with the prostate. I have a big prostate with a blockage in passing urine. I am living with a catheter and I am taking Tamsulosin 0.4 and Prostamol 505 once a day. I am taking antibiotics such as Sulfamethoxazole 800 mg and Trimethoprim 160 mg for fifteen days. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate cancer and enlargement of the prostate is a common problem after 50 years of age. Blockage depends on the shape of the prostate rather than its size. You can do an examination using an ultrasound scan, kidney functions, urine culture, PSA (prostate-specific...  Read Full »

Why is my semen not normal after a urinary tract infection?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a UTI with the usual fever, etc., before five months. Before the UTI episode, my ejaculate was the usual (white), but my ejaculate has been clear ever since. I do not have pain, no problem with erections, plenty of desire, etc. What is the cause?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ejaculate color and consistency depends on the frequency of ejaculation. If it is more frequent, it is more clear, light, and more transparent, that is normal and requires no treatment. The only concern here will be if you are looking for fertility, then I will follo...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my low urine flow?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from poor urine flow and hesitancy. My USG and KFT are normal. I have attached the reports. What is the issue, and what are the treatment options?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I believe you have enlarged prostate causing obstruction to your flow. The size of prostate does not matter rather the shape of prostate is more important and the anatomy of prostate is well seen on the flexible cystoscopy if facility is available. You have mild symptom...  Read Full »

Is surgery needed for my prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am on active surveillance for the last 2 years. My initial prostate biopsy was 2 years ago and showed 1 out of 10 needles cancerous, Gleason 6, slow growing and Prolaris test showing a medium growth rate. I had second biopsy 6 months ago. Before the second biopsy, my PSA was 5 and four ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your details. My main concern is the rise of PSA (prostate-specific antigen) from 5 to 16. Though it might be due to infection, since three months you are taking treatment of infections. So, your PSA should have reduced if the rise was due to infection...  Read Full »

Can BPE lead to prostate cancer?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 74-year-old male with BPE. I am in good health for my age. I take blood pressure and cholesterol medicines along with Tamsulosin (Flomax) for my BPE. Is it true that sexual activity (ejaculation) is good for the prostate? Can it help prevent prostate cancer?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting with us. BPE (Benign prostate enlargement) is a problem of people after the age of 50 years. Obstruction depends on the prostate shape rather than size; that is, which part of the prostate is enlarging rather than the prostate's total size. Some ...  Read Full »

Swelling above penis has got reduced after urination. What is the problem?

Query: Hello doctor,My father had stepped over the stone in the backyard and had got edema in legs. We consulted an ortho doctor. He gave him Chymoral forte. After having it, my father got swelling in the area above the penis. The swelling gets less after he goes to urinate.Doctor has given add protein sup...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your father has swelling above the penis which is reduced after passing urine. Recently he took Chymoral forte. No urinary issues like dribbling or thinning of stream. Alright, I actually appreciate if I could see the picture of the swelling. But swelling above penis i...  Read Full »

What is the reason for prostate enlargement in males above 50 years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 54-year-old male, good health, good shape, who just got my PSA back from my doctor last week. Initially, he said my prostate felt a bit enlarged on the left side, so he ordered the test. The tests came back at 1.29. So he said all good and normal. No need to follow up with him ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The prostate is a male gland function to liquify semen and nourish sperms usually it starts to enlarge after the age of 50 years. I may cause obstructive symptoms or may not. The shape is more important than size as some patients with big prostate of 200 gm do not have ...  Read Full »

I have slow urinating problem with diabetes. Please suggest medication to help both.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a slow urinating problem and I am taking the following medications: Telma H (OD), Glycomet GP (BD), Atorlip 10 (OD), Urimax 0.4 mg (OD), and Vitamin A to Z (OD), and Human Mixtard Insulin 20 units (OD). I have my health check-up done. Please prescribe suitable diabetic and kidn...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement can cause an obstruction and slow urine. After the age of 50 prostate starts to grow to variable sizes. Although size does not matter but the shape of the prostate can cause obstruction. Medications can shrink the prostate up to 30% and cause impr...  Read Full »

Does prostate cancer have a strong family history?

Query: Hi doctor, My father was detected to have prostate cancer, but they did not give any stage of his cancer. I am worried about his prognosis. How long he would survive? They have removed his testes and advised him to take Andro Block for life time. They used the term highly suspicious of prostate canc...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I sympathize for the medical condition of your father. Unfortunately, he has moderate to advanced cancer of the prostate (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The biopsy report is suggestive of moderate cancer as per Gleason's score, but if we consider the bon...  Read Full »

Should I consult a specialist regarding my gallbladder issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I had got an abdomen ultrasound done for other¬†reasons but, the radiologist observed the following 'gallbladder is partially distended and showing few small concretions at the GB neck. Chronic patient of the prostate. Size 47 by 41 by 38 mm, volume 39 cc. Pre-void urine 281 cc, post v...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How old are you? There is no need to worry. Small concretions are commonly found in the gallbladder. Also, the prostate size is enlarged and it is probably due to a benign prostatic hypertrophy. You should get Serum PSA (prostate-specific antigen) levels done, whi...  Read Full »