Q. Why is my husband having painless hematuria since a year?

Dr. Praveen Pushkar
Published on Apr 07, 2017

My husband who is 36 years old, is having painless hematuria since last year. The episodes are not defined, it is present for a month or sometimes as less as a week. MRI, CT scan, and cystoscopy, all show normal findings except hyperemia in the bladder. There are stones in his kidney, and grade I prostrate enlargement, But, all these are less likely to cause hematuria as per our urologists. Kindly suggest what should be done further.

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• If your husband has already done urine cytology, CT scan, cystoscopy, PSA (prostate-specific antigen), urine routine examination, culture, and all other the investigation are normal, then just keep a follow-up every year with the same investigations.
  • Is he a smoker? Any history of upper respiratory infection or fever in the last year?

Revert with more information to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Thank you for replying. He does not smoke and has never had a fever in last few years.

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Andrology Urology
#

• Then you do not have any other option than to follow-up.
  • Repeat a few investigation after six months like urine cytology, urine routine examination, and PSA (prostate-specific antigen).
  • Repeat CT scan and cystoscopy after a year.

For further queries consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Is CT scan safe during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old female, and I was hospitalized for a week due to UTI. As a part of it, a CT scan was taken, which showed that I am completely cured. Then the next day, a blood test showed two weeks pregnancy. I am worried that the CT scan would have an adverse effect on the baby. C...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for parameters out of range in the blood test.

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 36 years old. In one of her routine blood tests, we found a few anomalies. The report is attached. Please let me know your thoughts on the parameters that are out of range in the report and suggest medicines.  Read Full »

I have conceived after trying for five years. Should I be on bed rest?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old female in the seventh week of pregnancy. I have conceived five years after we started trying for a baby. My blood, urine, and ultrasound test results are normal. But, my doctor has advised me a complete bed rest till the 12th week. Could you please comment? Is bed r...  Read Full »