I have psoriasis and would like to ask you whether I can apply castor oil to my head where I have psoriasis. I have severe hair loss. Can I use baby shampoo for my hair?
And I also have another question: Despite eating a lot, how some girls are still thin?
I hope I will get an answer soon.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Scalp psoriasis is a very complicated disease. It needs multiple and extended duration therapy. Castor oil may work as a moisturizer, but it is not a treatment.
There are a few shampoos containing Salicylic acid which could work better than regular shampoo. There are other medicines too, but for that, you need proper guidance.
1. 100-150 hair fall every day is very normal. So should consider hair fall if the number of hair is more than this.
2. Generalized hair fall in a female is mostly due to stress, poor sleep, poor nutrition, and excessive blood loss due to menstruation.
3. Stress alopecia is also common in which female keep their hair very tight in a specific manner which creates tension in root and cause hair fall.
4. Straightening and other procedures also cause weakness of root.
5. Other condition like fever, typhoid, malaria, thyroid, etc also cause hair fall (less common)
1. Have a good sleep, food, take in a lot of green vegetables and fruits.
2. Take iron and multivitamins like Follihair, atleast for three months.
3. Check your blood hemoglobin if the hemoglobin is less- You should take iron and folic acid supplements.
Healthy food with less fat and proper exercise can maintain your weight, and some times thyroid condition can cause weight gain even without having a lot of food.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. no link of hair loss and hair whitening and laptop usage, however, it can be due to stress which a student has. There is as such no treatment for reversing the hair whiteness. However, to stop that take Biotin supplements and use Vitamin-rich sham... Read fullIs it true that baldness is hereditary?
It is well known that baldness or alopecia have a strong genetic connection ... Hair fall and losing hair texture is also very common after the age of adolescent due to androgen (androgenic alopecia... Read fullAyurvedic Management of Psoriasis
.. of psoriasis has many limitations and after effects. But, ayurveda has an answer to all this. And, here we are going to discuss the same .. ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now