Stress Alopecia

Can hair fall be caused by stress?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is 20 years old. She recently started losing her hair. Now, within two and a half months you can see her scalp near the front of her head and the very back of her head. It happened suddenly. And now she is pulling her hair out in clumps throughout the day. I have also notice...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let me explain everything about hair fall. 100-150 hair fall every day is very normal. So, it should be considered as hair loss only if the number of hair falls more than this. Generalized hair fall in female is mostly due to stress, poor sleep, poor nutrition ...  Read Full »

How can feeling of guilt and fear be managed?

Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling very stressed for some issues. I am having a feeling of guilt and fear. How to cope with it?  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have reported feeling stressed for the past 5 days due to some issues. Were you completely normal before 5 days? It is common to feel stressed when faced with difficult life circumstances. You can follow these strategies to manage stress till you get better. 1...  Read Full »

Can excessive use of laptop cause hairfall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a student. Due to extensive use of the laptop for thesis writing and book readings, I am suffering from hair loss and hair whiteness, both problems are increasing day by day. Some people say that it might be due to the extensive use of laptop. Kindly suggest me some multivitamins...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no link of hair loss and hair whitening and laptop usage, however, it can be due to stress which a student has. There is as such no treatment for reversing the hair whiteness. However, to stop that take Biotin supplements and use Vitamin-rich shampoo.  Read Full »

Is my DHT level causing mild hair fall and flaky scalp?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. For the past three months, I have mild hair fall. I lose around 2 to 10 hair after every shower. I have never had hair fall in the past. I also did a background check with my family history; none had any baldness even in the 70s. I fear this would be the result of mas...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flaky scalp not responding to Noskurf (combination of Climbazole, Piroctone Olamine, Aminodermine, and almond oil) lotion may be scalp psoriasis and need steroid plus Salicylic acid 6 % combination lotion. The pain is due to hair root inflammation, which is commonly...  Read Full »

Shall I try some natural supplement to prevent hair fall?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. I was blessed with a thick, dark and long hair. For a year or so, I have started experiencing deterioration in the quality of my hair. I am experiencing thinning, loss of luster, split ends and hair fall with alarming rate. I was stressed during my board exams, but i...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can try DasGro supplements. I also suggest Proanagen tablets. Rather than Tricogro hair serum, use Minoxidil 2% lotion twice daily on dry hair for three to six months. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent. ...  Read Full »

Is it true that baldness is hereditary?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 20 years old. My hair is getting thin. As my father is bald,  I fear that I will also get bald. Also, I want to improve my skin texture. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Raman Kaushik

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is well known that baldness or alopecia have a strong genetic connection. Hair fall and losing hair texture is also very common after the age of adolescent due to androgen (androgenic alopecia). Hair fall is also triggered by unhealthy and stressful lifestyle. Conside...  Read Full »