Psychological Conflict

Why do I talk to my loved ones in sleep?

Query: Hi doctor, In the middle of my sleep, I feel like I have virtually talked to my close one. Suddenly, when I awake, I realize that he is not beside me. Why am I getting such feel?  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand what you are feeling after this strange situation where you found yourself talking to your loved one in the midst of the sleep and then you just woke up. This is quite a normal sleep phenomenon in most of the people and research shows that everyone...  Read Full »

Does passing stools in underwear without knowing a psychological issue?

Query: Hi doctor, My son age is 8 years old. His weight is 25 kg and height 135 cm. He has problem of passing stool in his underwear for the last 6 to 7 months. He is doing this without knowing it. He suffered with the same kind of problem last year for three months and it got cured. But, that medicine did...  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached files and your child's history (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your child has encopresis (involuntary fecal soiling) and probably he might also be having constipation. The standard treatment is dietary modification. I believe you know ...  Read Full »

I feel some heaviness in head after a brawl on the phone. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I had a brawl on the phone with a few persons. They are believed to be not so social kind of people. Ever since that day, I feel a kind of heaviness in my head. What is it?  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are specifically pointing out one incident after which the symptom started, it is quite likely that the two are related. It is very well known that such symptoms can arise after the occurrence of a disturbing event. Assuming that you did not have any head trauma...  Read Full »

I have periods of a hypomania and insomnia with conflicting opinions. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, 1. I have periods of a hypomanic switch into periods of depression fast, but depression does not go to the point of suicidal thoughts. 2. Insomnia, extreme active periods and periods of no motivation to do anything. 3. Conflicting opinions, but also strong opinions. 4. Two opposit...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most people with psychiatric conditions like psychosis, schizophrenia, bipolar disorders, etc. do not realize they are ill. That is called a lack of insight. The fact that you are concerned about yourself enough to ask for help here means that you have an idea. You a...  Read Full »

My daughter is irritable and has rapid mood changes. Are these side effects of Hydrocortisone?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter has special needs. She had Cushing's syndrome and an adrenalectomy at the age of 8. She is now 31. She has had some psychiatric problems, and her current medication is 15 mg Hydrocortisone, 1 mcg Fludrocortisone, and 1.5 mg Risperidone daily. We have just taken her on holid...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query about your daughter. I must say that your daughter is rightly managed till now. These symptoms are not endocrine related. They are more related to the psychological condition, which is pre-existent. It is not easy to adjust anywhere else if one ...  Read Full »

Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization?

Query: Hi doctor,Is Cymbalta good for depersonalization? I want some tips to overcome this. Also, how to get rid of apathy?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I do not think Cymbalta (Duloxetine) have great potential in the treatment of depersonalization. In my experience, I found SSRI group (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) of medications are much superior in...  Read Full »

What can be done if my wife behaves indifferently to my child?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is indifferent to child health issues. She controls the child with threatening words. The child cannot cry or weep even with an extreme reprimand by her. She makes the child sleep under extreme pressure. Sometimes, the child wets the bed. She then becomes furious with him. All th...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Too harshly treated or neglected child care can lead to a psychological and developmental issue in the child which includes depression, conduct disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, social withdrawal, academic underachievement, and aggressive behavior. So, you need ...  Read Full »

Why does my son refuse to have a sibling?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is five weeks pregnant and it is the second time. Our first kid is now 6-1/2 years old. He is totally refusing to have a sibling. He makes statements like "I do not want a brother or a sister. We are a good family like this." He says it is not a good idea to have a baby. He d...  Read Full »

Dr. Akanksha Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing your child is normal insecurity of the first born child. Whenever there is a second baby expected due to the constant attention which the coming baby gets, the first child gets insecure and feels unsafe as young children have a different mind...  Read Full »

Which neurological disorder causes memory problems and confusion?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel really spaced out and detached from my surroundings. It is like I am in a dream. It is like there is a glass between me and the world and everything just seems really surreal and far away. I also have a lot of brain fog. Some memory problems and confusion. I feel like this all day ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. From the available description, it appears that you are having derealization episodes, which is a sensation of changed reality or that one's surroundings have altered. It is usually seen in schizophrenia, panic attacks, and ...  Read Full »

My mother was diagnosed with triple personality disorder. How did she get it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old female, and I have seen a lot while growing up. Since I was 6 years old, I started crying every day. Fear grew within me. I started having bad grades since I was 11. I was bullied twice by my friends when I was 7 and second time when I was 13. My parents had no time ...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for this query. You have mentioned everything about your history in details. I can understand your concern regarding your low mood. First of all, I would like to tell you that your problems are temporary and have a cure. Poor parenting and adolescent non-suppor...  Read Full »