Q. Why do I get unrealistic thoughts of getting intoxicated while sharing rooms with strangers?

Dr. Sugandh Garg

I am curious to know certain things. But I feel very hard to understand. I often go overseas on business trips and sleep with unknown people in the same room. I frequently get thinkings like,

1. What if something bad is infused into my body while sleeping or drinking?
  2. Are there any poison, toxins, or chemicals that could badly affect my body or cell one or two months after injecting?
  3. Is there a screening or incubation period for chemical things to get poisoned, like viruses?

Although my thinking is unrealistic, I am really curious to know this possibility. Now I guess something really bad is injected into my body. But I also know the poisoning mechanism. Chemical things quickly pass out from the body, or they must harm if something bad is injected.

Sorry to ask this odd question. But why are my thoughts unrealistic?

#

Yes, your thinking sounds and reads unrealistic. Firstly if you know that there could be a possibility, then why do you share your room with strangers and that too at the risk of your life and health? If someone tends to inject something into you, it is not possible that you are unaware of it. However, if you have been anesthetized or under alcohol intoxicated, that could happen most commonly.

Avoid sharing rooms and beds with strangers. Take proper precautions. Get yourself checked at the earliest, including a complete hemogram, blood sugar, blood pressure, complete urine analysis, viral markers (like hepatitis), liver and kidney function tests, etc.

I hope you have been vaccinated already for hepatitis. If not, please do so at the earliest. Consult a psychiatrist and also a general physician. Get yourself physically examined to rule out any medical or surgical conditions.

|