Pulse Rate

What could be the reason could be for louder pulse?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38-year old, 85 kg, male. Had extensive heart check last year, which came clear. Doctor said I have mild valve insufficiency (doctor said it is normal) and blood pressure of 110/70. Lately, I hear my pulse more noticeably and feel it in various parts of my body (chest, neck, stom...  Read Full »

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your medical history and would like to explain that your symptoms (palpitations and pulse feeling through the body) are not related to any specific heart disorder unless you have primary aortic valve insufficiency. When significant (moderat...  Read Full »

What is Tazloc 40 used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 46 year old male. My height is 165 cm and weight is 65 kg. I am a known HTN since 3 years. My medications were Olmezest 10 mg once daily in the morning and Prolomet XL 50 mg once daily in the evening. Now I am diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. My readings are FBS 141, PPBS 236 and BP...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Previously, you were on tablet Olmezest (Olmesartan) and tablet Prolomet XL 50 (Metoprolol tartrate). Now you are on diabetic medication and tablet Tazloc-H 40 (Telmisartan). Tablet Olmezest and tablet Tazloc are similar kind of drugs. So, taking one drug is enough. I ...  Read Full »

I read we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent zero DB room. Is it true?

Query: Hello doctor,This is more of science question, I read somewhere we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent room zero DB room, Is that true?  Read Full »

Dr. C Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can hear not only the silent room. Average person's carotid artery pulse and blood flow sounds can be heard in ears. During palpitations, we can hear the condition aortic stenosis blood flow sound. So many valvular diseases can be understood.  Read Full »

The pulse rate started to fall after giving Epinephrine in a 4-year-old child. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor, I am reviewing the patient care of a 4-year-old child diagnosed with the flu. He was having trouble breathing, so we called an ambulance. I was very apprehensive about him receiving any drugs from a doctor. His pulse was 149, 161, and 150. The medic then said his pulse was falling, wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. An ECG should have been done immediately to see if the child was having VT, SVT, or anything else that would require you to slow down the heart. Based on the ECG, the next step could have been planned. This is because you have only written to me about the heart rate....  Read Full »

Is it normal to have variation in the pulse rate during walking and at rest?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 year old. My sugar level is normal, TSH is 2.91 and cholesterol is 203. I am facing a problem with my pulse rate. It is between 115-120 when I walk or do any activity. But when I am in rest, it ranges between 80-100. I feel lightheadedness when I walk. Is it normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cholesterol is in upper borderline. It will come down with low cholesterol diet and exercise daily. Heart rate more than 100 while walking is fine. From your history lightheadedness is the only problem. Is this lightheadedness significant? Do you feel like falling o...  Read Full »

When I checked my son's BP it showed irregular heart symbol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days back, I was measuring BP using electronic BP monitor on my 11 year old kid. I observed irregular heartbeat symbol blinking after measurement, and that got me worried. I measured eight times again in the last two days and got IHB symbol for around 4 out of 8 times. His average ...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood pressure is normal, although a bit on higher side. There is no reason for him to have irregular beats. Is he having any symptoms like episodic palpitations or very rapid heart beat, chest heaviness or shortness of breath? If not, then that is most probably a fals...  Read Full »

I am taking Atenolol from six years. But, now I feel dizzy when I take it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Atenolol for the past six years. I was prescribed this for a high heart rate. It worked well the first five years. But, from the last year, it has ruined my life. I have no energy. I get light headed and dizzy. I am on 100 mg a day. I am not sure what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably Atenolol-induced low heart rate and blood pressure. First, you need to get your blood pressure and pulse rate checked. You should buy an electronic BP apparatus which shows both blood pressure and pulse rate or else you could get it checked from a nearby...  Read Full »

Is it normal to hear heartbeat and pulse in the right ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I hear my pulse and heartbeat-like sound in my right ear if I bend over, especially after exercise or eating food. Is it normal? Can it be due to blood pressure or is it due to any blockage in my blood vessel near my ear?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you feel are called as heart palpitations. It may be due to thyroid disease, anxiety, heart disease, blood pressure or many other reasons. You need to consult your cardiologist for proper evaluation of the cause and to treat that accordingly. Diagnosis i...  Read Full »

My blood pressure is erratic. Can you help ?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old. Recently, I started having high blood pressure. It goes up and down a lot. At some times, it is 170/90, and at others, it is 130/80. Recently I have done a blood test, where my Hb was 10.52, cholesterol was 152, triglyceride was 165, HDL 28 and LDL was 91. The other...  Read Full »

Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pulse rate is high. Please do a free T4, T3, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) test. For your BP (blood pressure), you can take Met XL (Metoprolol) 50 one tablet, once daily at around 8 AM and tablet Stamlo (Amlodipine) 5 one tablet at around 5 PM. You...  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your heart rate, it is fine to have a resting heart rate of 75 to 84 beats per minute. It does not signify any major abnormalities. Exercise, stress, anxiety, smoking, caffeine can certainly lead to pulse rate elevation. So, as you mentioned, your ECG (elec...  Read Full »