Q. Is it possible to hear our blood flow in extremely silent zero DB room?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

This is more of science question, I read somewhere we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent room zero DB room, Is that true?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Yes, you can hear not only the silent room. Average person's carotid artery pulse and blood flow sounds can be heard in ears. During palpitations, we can hear the condition aortic stenosis blood flow sound. So many valvular diseases can be understood.

| 

Is this a disease or normal?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

#

Carotid blood flow can be heard in normal person while doing exercise, or some can listen to when we keep our head one side. In diseases, it is called a murmur. In atherosclerosis, a loud blood flow sound can be heard.

| 

My childhood asthma is resurfacing and my BP is high off late. What is wrong?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 64 years old, completely fit, 5 feet 2 and 118 lbs. I have a steps tracker. So, I know my resting heart rate is 67 on average. I walk an average of 18,000 steps a day, may be more. I golf four times a week and usually walk. But, I did have asthma as a child, and it seems to have r...  Read Full »

I am taking Atenolol from six years. But, now I feel dizzy when I take it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been on Atenolol for the past six years. I was prescribed this for a high heart rate. It worked well the first five years. But, from the last year, it has ruined my life. I have no energy. I get light headed and dizzy. I am on 100 mg a day. I am not sure what to do.  Read Full »

MRI shows sequela of lacunar type infarction with gliotic changes. Kindly explain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old male with 6'2" height and weight 220 lbs. My HbA1c is 8.5, high triglycerides, vertigo, and some gait issues. I had a massive pulmonary embolism two years ago, not on any blood thinners, and sometimes I have high blood pressure. Contrast MRI shows a small focus of T2...  Read Full »