Q. Is it possible to hear our blood flow in extremely silent zero DB room?

Dr. C Elanchezhian
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

This is more of science question, I read somewhere we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent room zero DB room, Is that true?

Do you have a question on Pulse Rate or Atherosclerosis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. C Elanchezhian

M.D GEN,MEDICINE

Yes, you can hear not only the silent room. Average person's carotid artery pulse and blood flow sounds can be heard in ears. During palpitations, we can hear the condition aortic stenosis blood flow sound. So many valvular diseases can be understood.

Is this a disease or normal?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

M.D GEN,MEDICINE

Carotid blood flow can be heard in normal person while doing exercise, or some can listen to when we keep our head one side. In diseases, it is called a murmur. In atherosclerosis, a loud blood flow sound can be heard.

Also Read Answers From: Pulse Rate Atherosclerosis

My childhood asthma is resurfacing and my BP is high off late. What is wrong?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 64 years old, completely fit, 5 feet 2 and 118 lbs. I have a steps tracker. So, I know my resting heart rate is 67 on average. I walk an average of 18,000 steps a day, may be more. I golf four times a week and usually walk. But, I did have asthma as a child, and it seems to have r...  Read Full »
Dr. Amiya Kumar Chattopadhyay

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not put forward any specific query about your health issue. What I have understood is that your average pulse rate is around 67 per minute. Your BP usually varies from 110/70 to 120/80. But off late it is higher. It may be due to a stress related to the resurf...  Read Full »

I am taking Atenolol from six years. But, now I feel dizzy when I take it. Why?
Query: Hello¬†doctor, I have been on Atenolol for the past six years. I was prescribed this for a high heart rate. It worked well the first five years. But, from the last year, it has ruined my life. I have no energy. I get light headed and dizzy. I am on 100 mg a day. I am not sure what to do.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably Atenolol-induced low heart rate and blood pressure. First, you need to get your blood pressure and pulse rate checked. You should buy an electronic BP apparatus which shows both blood pressure and pulse rate or else you could get it checked from a nearby...  Read Full »

MRI shows sequela of lacunar type infarction with gliotic changes. Kindly explain.
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old male with 6'2" height and weight 220 lbs. My HbA1c is 8.5, high triglycerides, vertigo, and some gait issues. I had a massive pulmonary embolism two years ago, not on any blood thinners, and sometimes I have high blood pressure. Contrast MRI shows a small focus of T2...  Read Full »
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. MRI findings are compatible with an ischemic stroke in the brain. The stroke could be related to atherosclerosis and diabetes. HbA1c is high, indicative of diabetes. For this reason, I recommend physiotherapy and take daily baby Aspirin to help prevent a future strok...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now