Q. Is it possible to hear our blood flow in extremely silent zero DB room?

Dr. C Elanchezhian

This is more of science question, I read somewhere we can hear our blood flow when in extremely silent room zero DB room, Is that true?

#

Yes, you can hear not only the silent room. Average person's carotid artery pulse and blood flow sounds can be heard in ears. During palpitations, we can hear the condition aortic stenosis blood flow sound. So many valvular diseases can be understood.

Is this a disease or normal?

#

Carotid blood flow can be heard in normal person while doing exercise, or some can listen to when we keep our head one side. In diseases, it is called a murmur. In atherosclerosis, a loud blood flow sound can be heard.

|