Punch Biopsy

Is it possible to remove milia with a needle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

Can nevus recur?

Query: Hi doctor, About a year ago, I had nevus excision. Neither shaving nor laser, it was total excision. But two days ago I have realized that the nevus has come back there along the edges of the scar, the same shape of the scar. The biopsy report of the first one is compound nevus and there is nothing...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your complaint and gone through the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Any nevus is a collection of melanocytes that are able to multiply violently. Hence, even if a small section is left it can potentially regrow. You can go for elli...  Read Full »

I have multiple skin lumps on the elbow. What could they be?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had these multiple skin lumps on the very tip of my elbow for a couple of years now. I have attached the photos for your reference. They look like a wart but are clustered together. Every medication I have used on them has done absolutely nothing. Recently, they have begun to grow ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These might be the lesion of sarcoidosis, lupus vulgaris or nodular xanthoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The only histopathological examination could confirm the diagnosis, so I would suggest you go for the one. A punch biopsy is the most preferred t...  Read Full »

I have brown patches on my neck which comes off as dead skin. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have brown patches all around my neck and on my chest. On closer inspection these patches are actually made up of small brown or black spots. On my chest, they feel rough and have a matt texture. On my neck they are pretty much noticeably raised from the skin surface if I feel it wit...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What is the complaint in them? Is it itching, burning or painful? Have you taken treatment for Pityriasis versicolor? Revert back with the asked details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

A hive spot in my thigh is consistent. What treatment would you recommend?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had hives for a month. They are recurring in my feet, left leg, underarms and face. The rash is in one or more of those places every day. My left thigh has remained inflamed and covered with hives. I have kept a photo diary. I have seen a local dermatologist who did a punch biopsy....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history, clinical description and histopathology (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are most likely suggestive of urticaria. Urticaria is an immediate hypersensitivity reaction of the skin to various common triggers such as insect bites, infective fo...  Read Full »