Q. I have a tiny black spot on my foreskin, which does not itch. Kindly suggest.

Dr. Hari Pathave
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 17, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 24, 2020

I have tiny black spots on my penis foreskin for the last two to three days. The areas do not itch, or I do not see any swelling or discomfort. Kindly suggest something to treat this. I am unmarried and not sexually involved with anyone.

#

Thank you for providing the information.

It looks like a genital lichen planus. Other possibilities are bowenoid papulosis, a rare case of syphilis. You can go for a skin punch biopsy for confirmation, which will confirm the diagnosis, and according to that, the treatment plan can be done. You can also do the VDRL (venereal disease research laboratory) test. If any query, you can ask. Thank you.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

Can it be cured with any oral medicine or cream for now as I have skin problems now and then? Where can I get this skin punch biopsy done? I have back acne (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Can you suggest something for that as well? I want to give you a clear idea about my skin; I have attached the screenshot and kindly check.

#

For a skin biopsy, you can contact a nearby skin clinic. It will be better to start treatment after proper and confirmed diagnosis. Yes, you have back acne.

You can take:

• Tablet Doxycycline (100 mg) one tablet morning and night after food for 20 days.
  • Brevoxyl (Benzoyl Peroxide) creamy wash 15 minutes before bath morning.
  • Onak SR (Resorcinol and Sulphur) lotion apply in the evening for 20 minutes then wash for 20 days.

If you have any queries, you can ask.

|