Red Rashes

I have itchy and burning red rashes around my neck. What can I do to prevent it? Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have red rashes around my neck, causing itching and burning sensations.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It looks like Miliaria (sweat dermatitis). It appears to be the source of your condition, caused by an allergy to extreme heat and sweating. For a week, take the following medications and take a cold bath twice daily. Apply Momate (Mometas...  Read Full »

I have been having red rashes on my legs and back and want to know what it is. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have red rashes on the legs and back. They do not go, and they always come back. They itch when the skin is dry and flaky. It started appearing a few months back. They began as small ingrown hair, became red, and then got bigger. Some doctors call it psoriasis, some say it is lichen p...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The differential diagnosis is chronic eczematoid dermatosis, associated onychomycosis of toenails, secondary fungal infection, scabies, autoeczematization, and keloid scar. I suggest you (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines wi...  Read Full »

Is there any relation between rashes under my eyes and sleep?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash (multiple tiny red spots) under my eye, it appeared after over-moisturizing and applying some kind of skin product under my eye. I have had it for a while and it has not really changed. It gets much worse in the morning. If I sleep badly for multiple nights in a row it s...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very important to get sound sleep at least for seven to eight hours. Relax and stay calm. Avoid trigger factors that result in inflammation or facial flushing. Drink seven to eight glasses of water daily. Use sunscreen or lotion if available there 20 minutes befor...  Read Full »

Why do I keep getting a red rash on my glans penis and scrotal pain?

Query: Hi doctor,I keep getting a red rash around glans and pee holes. It is very red after sex or masturbation, and it does not hurt when I pee or anything. But I have an aching feeling in my scrotum near my anus. My blood and urine tested negative for the sexually transmitted disease. Currently, I am usi...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I understand your concern. There is nothing to worry about. You are fine and taking the correct ointment. I suggest you,1) Observe excellent hygiene.2) Use a good soap to wash.3) Wear cotton underwear.4) Avoid intense exercise and sweat.I hope you understand.Thank you.  Read Full »

I have red rash on my palms, feet and knees that are sometimes itchy. What could be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a red, target-shaped rash most prominent on my palms, feet, and knees. The rash is slightly raised and is not always itchy. It was itchy before then the rash appeared. Kindly help. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and will help you. Can you add more details to your presenting complaint? Thank you.  Read Full »

Can the red spots appearing on both legs be due to infection?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 21-year-old male. A week ago, I started getting red spots on both my legs. I have had this before, but it was a few years ago. It appears on the skin over the peroneus longus and the shin area, which begins as a red spot with mild pain, and hours or maybe days later, it develops ...  Read Full »

Dr. Radha Peruvemba Hariharan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand it. These are skin infections that can be prevented and treated by following the instructions I have mentioned below, 1) If your legs are frequently exposed to irritants like dust, plants, or grass, y...  Read Full »

I have red rashes all over my body, and it is more prominent in the belly region. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having red rashes all over my body for the past four days. The rashes are more significant in my belly region. I thought it was due to some allergy, but it is getting worse day by day. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com I understand your concern. Your rashes can be due to allergies or infection. So, I suggest you do CBC (complete blood count) and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) to rule out the cause. Kindly take tablet Levocetirizine 10 mg once daily at night, ta...  Read Full »

What should I do for the red spots that appeared near my mouth and spread all over my body?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having rashes all over my body. They first appeared as red spots near my mouth about a month ago, but now they are multiplying and spreading all over the body. These spots are itchy. I was taking tablet Telfast in the past.What should I do now?Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1) Do you have any history of allergies? 2) Is your skin dry and scaly? 3) Did you have scratching and rubbing of the lesions? 4) Do you have a fever? 5) Is the itching aggravating during the night? Revert with the answers to help you better. ...  Read Full »

What causes red, raised, scaly, and non-itchy rashes all over the body?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had skin rash all over my body except my face, neck, palm, and sole for four months. The rashes appear as a raised red nodule of 1 to 3 mm in size initially and slowly go flat and scaly. It is non-itchy but can be easily felt on touch. I initially thought it is due to my soap, a...  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Kumar Meena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As you have attached only a single picture, it is difficult to diagnose (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is always better to examine multiple lesions. I guess you might have an inflammatory skin con...  Read Full »

Is continuous fever for more than three days in a child indicative of typhoid?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 21 months old and 12.5 kg in weight. He has a fever for the last three days. And I have been giving him Calpol suspension. Now I want to provide him with Azitus-XL 200 mg suspension too. Kindly prescribe the dosage for it. As of now, my child does not have symptoms like sore th...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. My suggestion with Azitus-XL suspension (Azithromycin 200 mg/5 ml) for 12.5 kg child is 3 ml once a day for five days. I hope this was helpful.  Read Full »