Q. Dust allergy makes my eyes red. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

I am having dust allergy. Because of that my eyes are a kind of yellowish and sometimes red. What should I do to make it white and how can I stop this allergy?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Following line of treatment is warranted for eye allergy.

1. Soft steroids like Loteprednol in the form of eye drops for 2 to 3 weeks to control allergy.

2. Olopatadine as a long term therapy once a day (maintainenc therapy).

3. Topical lubricants like Refresh tears to relieve symptoms.

4. Cyclosporine or Ketorolac in case the allergy is severe.

5. Occasional cold compresses over the eyelids to relieve pricking and itching.

Allergy usually subsides when exposure to allergen goes away. Try identifying the substance to which you are allergic as well as seasonal variation of your symptoms.

|