Q. Dust allergy makes my eyes red. Please help.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Oct 25, 2019

I am having dust allergy. Because of that my eyes are a kind of yellowish and sometimes red. What should I do to make it white and how can I stop this allergy?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Following line of treatment is warranted for eye allergy.

1. Soft steroids like Loteprednol in the form of eye drops for 2 to 3 weeks to control allergy.

2. Olopatadine as a long term therapy once a day (maintainenc therapy).

3. Topical lubricants like Refresh tears to relieve symptoms.

4. Cyclosporine or Ketorolac in case the allergy is severe.

5. Occasional cold compresses over the eyelids to relieve pricking and itching.

Allergy usually subsides when exposure to allergen goes away. Try identifying the substance to which you are allergic as well as seasonal variation of your symptoms.

| 

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full »

What causes eye irritation and watering?

Query: Hi doctor, When I go to bed, my eyes start watering, mainly the left one. When I get out of my bed and look myself in the mirror, my eyes are red and my eyelids swollen. When I wake up in the morning, I have the same problem of tearing eyes, redness and eyelid swelling. I sleep on the left side, an...  Read Full »

Eye Care Through Ayurveda

Article Overview: Glaucoma, computer vision syndrome, vision problems and dry eyes are very common now a days. Glaucoma is the second leading cause for blindness. This article discusses in detail the ayurvedic approaches to treat eye disorders. Read Article

Dr. Revathi Sundaramurthy

Ocular Hypertension: It is nothing but elevated pressure inside the eyeball. In clinical terms, it is defined as the presence of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in the absence of optic nerve damage or visual field loss. Normal intraocular pressure is between 10mm...  Read Article