Q. I am suffering from redness and itchiness in eyes from several days. Please help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2019

I have eye redness and itchiness for several days. Kindly help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

1. Is there any pus stained discharge, especially in the morning on waking up?

2. Is your vision normal?

3. How much is the pain?

4. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days.

5. FML (Fluorometholone) eye drops three times a day for seven days.

6. Ocupol eye ointment (Polymyxin B, Chloramphenicol) at bedtime for five days.

7. Refresh tears eye drop one hourly for seven days.

| 

There is no pain, only itchiness, and crusting of eyelashes. How do I get the Moxifloxacin eye drops?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It is conjunctivitis. Crusting means it is bacterial. I am unable to provide you an international prescription, but if you go to an emergency room, they will give you Moxifloxacin only. But other drops are also important.

|