Q. I am suffering from redness and itchiness in eyes from several days. Please help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 17, 2020

I have eye redness and itchiness for several days. Kindly help.

#

1. Is there any pus stained discharge, especially in the morning on waking up?

2. Is your vision normal?

3. How much is the pain?

4. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days.

5. FML (Fluorometholone) eye drops three times a day for seven days.

6. Ocupol eye ointment (Polymyxin B, Chloramphenicol) at bedtime for five days.

7. Refresh tears eye drop one hourly for seven days.

There is no pain, only itchiness, and crusting of eyelashes. How do I get the Moxifloxacin eye drops?

#

It is conjunctivitis. Crusting means it is bacterial. I am unable to provide you an international prescription, but if you go to an emergency room, they will give you Moxifloxacin only. But other drops are also important.

| 

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »

Why does my have wife have headaches near the left ear?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedti...  Read Full »

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»