Q. I am suffering from redness and itchiness in eyes from several days. Please help.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have eye redness and itchiness for several days. Kindly help.

Do you have a question on Redness In Eyes or Itchy Eyes?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

MASTER IN SURGERY OPHTHALMOLOGY
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

1. Is there any pus stained discharge, especially in the morning on waking up?

2. Is your vision normal?

3. How much is the pain?

4. Start Moxifloxacin eye drop six times a day for seven days.

5. FML (Fluorometholone) eye drops three times a day for seven days.

6. Ocupol eye ointment (Polymyxin B, Chloramphenicol) at bedtime for five days.

7. Refresh tears eye drop one hourly for seven days.

There is no pain, only itchiness, and crusting of eyelashes. How do I get the Moxifloxacin eye drops?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

MASTER IN SURGERY OPHTHALMOLOGY
Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

It is conjunctivitis. Crusting means it is bacterial. I am unable to provide you an international prescription, but if you go to an emergency room, they will give you Moxifloxacin only. But other drops are also important.

Also Read Answers From: Redness In Eyes Itchy Eyes

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?
Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full >>
Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your problem: Did you have these headaches any time before the last three or four months? In which other areas of your head, have you felt the pain? What kind of a headache is it? Does the pain feel like a heaviness, throbbing...  Read Full >>

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?
Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedt...  Read Full >>
Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache which you have described could be migraines. I would need to know answer of few questions which would help me in getting to the right diagnosis. Any history of headache (HA) in your wife's family or your children? How does the headache feel - throbbing, pulsati...  Read Full >>

My eyes becomes red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, My eyes become red and itchy whenever I visit my hometown. They remain fine when I am in the city where I work. But as soon as I visit my hometown, they become red in a day or two. I have the problem for about two to three years. There are no pollens present here, and the climate is the...  Read Full >>
Dr. Skandha Harshita
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Although you do not have pollens or any visible allergens in your area, your eye is already sensitized previously. Allergic conjunctivitis can trigger spontaneously. Reduce the sensitivity of the eye to such aller...  Read Full >>

Ask a Doctor Now