Q. My eyes become reddish and watery when exposed to bright light. Is it due to contact lens?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

I am wearing contact lenses of -2.5 on both eyes. Since last week, whenever I get exposed to bright light (both indoor and outdoor), my eyelids get closed, and it is hard to get it open for a while, which makes eyes more reddish and watery. I have not consulted any doctor, but I have been using ayurveda eye drops. I would request you to please guide me for a good treatment. If anything can be done at home, it will be more useful. Thanks.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This could be dryness associated with contact lens use. I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Kindly use contact lens for a specific duration (8 hours a day).
  2. Cold compresses.
  3. Use lubricating eye drops frequently, like Systane Ultra.

I hope this will help you. Regards.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

What could be the reason for my one-sided headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. My height is 160 cm and I weigh 55 kg. I have a severe one-sided headache. Please help.  Read Full »

My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?

Query: Hello Doctor, I did not use my contact lenses for two weeks. When I opened the lens case after 2 weeks, my coloured (monthly) lenses had dried out. One of the them seems to be a little smaller. Can I use it?  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »