Q. My eyes become reddish and watery when exposed to bright light. Is it due to contact lens?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

I am wearing contact lenses of -2.5 on both eyes. Since last week, whenever I get exposed to bright light (both indoor and outdoor), my eyelids get closed, and it is hard to get it open for a while, which makes eyes more reddish and watery. I have not consulted any doctor, but I have been using ayurveda eye drops. I would request you to please guide me for a good treatment. If anything can be done at home, it will be more useful. Thanks.

#

• This could be dryness associated with contact lens use. I suggest you try doing the following:
  1. Kindly use contact lens for a specific duration (8 hours a day).
  2. Cold compresses.
  3. Use lubricating eye drops frequently, like Systane Ultra.

I hope this will help you. Regards.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|