Q. What causes eye redness and swollen cornea?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Half part of my left eye became red and slightly swollen near the cornea. I tried Ciplox and Ceflox and Festive D, but these are not working. There is no pain or no blurred vision, I have itchiness and allergy. Please suggest some eye drop for red-eye and itchiness. I shall be highly thankful to you.

#

The main symptoms of allergy include itching and redness as you mentioned. Festive D drops will be more than enough to treat any eye allergy. Festive D can be used four times a day for 4 to 5 days.

On the other hand, if you are having lots of sticky discharge from your eye, especially if your eyes stick together when you wake up after sleep, it suggests that there is an infection. In the latter case, seeing an ophthalmologist is best.

| 

Allergic Conjunctivitis and Its Treatment Options

Article Overview: This article looks at the various ways in which allergy, eye allergies in particular, can present, the effects of longstanding allergic conditions of the eye and the effects of treatment with their side effects. Read Article

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

An allergy is simply a hypersensitivity reaction of the body to various foreign substances referred to as allergens. Allergens, if found to be from within the patient's body itself, give rise to a group of disorders called as autoimmune diseases. Here we will be looking in particular at only allergi...  Read Article

Why does my have wife have headaches near the left ear?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedti...  Read Full »

My eye got swollen after wearing contact lenses all day. Will it heal on its own?

Query: Hello doctor,I have twice in the last two weeks scratched the cornea of my eye. The first time was two weeks ago when I was wearing my contacts for an extended time (no more than normal) and started feeling severe pain, tearing, swelling of my right eye. It felt like the contact in my eye folded ove...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»