Q. What causes eye redness and swollen cornea?

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Half part of my left eye became red and slightly swollen near the cornea. I tried Ciplox and Ceflox and Festive D, but these are not working. There is no pain or no blurred vision, I have itchiness and allergy. Please suggest some eye drop for red-eye and itchiness. I shall be highly thankful to you.

#

The main symptoms of allergy include itching and redness as you mentioned. Festive D drops will be more than enough to treat any eye allergy. Festive D can be used four times a day for 4 to 5 days.

On the other hand, if you are having lots of sticky discharge from your eye, especially if your eyes stick together when you wake up after sleep, it suggests that there is an infection. In the latter case, seeing an ophthalmologist is best.

|