I have this red patch on my face, it appeared around beginning of this year on both cheeks and then I had it consulted with a general physician and issued me a prescription of Physiogel calming relief cream since it was itchy every night. The one in the left cheek completely healed but on my right cheek it sometimes gets worse or lessens but never disappeared.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Hope you are having a good day and staying safe.
1) I understand your concern, but please send me a photo of the lesions so that I can rule out various causes that leads to the symptoms.
2) The possible causes are:
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial Infections like folliculitis.
- Photosensitive rashes.
- Drug allergy.
- Food allergy.
- Contact dermatitis.
3) Please attach a photo so that I can give a definitive diagnosis.
Thank you doctor,
The texture bacame rough lately and worsens when I wear surgical mask when going out.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
1) I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it looks like melasma due to photoreaction or sunsentivity. It tends to change its color when there is less of sun damage and more or it accordingly and that is why you observed the same. There is no need for panic as it can be treated.
2) You can use:
- Tri- Luma cream ( Hydroquinone 4%+ fluocinoloneacetonide 0.1%+ Tretinoin 0.01%) to apply at night, only on the lesion, for 2 weeks.
- La shied gel based sunscreen, SPF not less Than 30.
- Antoxid HC capsules once daily for 1 month.
Provided you do not have any prior allergy to these medications.
Please review after 2 weeks as TriLuma cream should not be used for prolonged periods.
3) Proper application of sunscreen.
- Since Tri-Luma cream is a photosensitive medication it is very important to follow a proper sunscreen routine.
- Application 2 hours before getting out in sun for proper activations of the components.
- Double applications once in the morning and the next at noon time.
- Should apply sunscreen even when indoors as UV rays can seep in through the windows.
- Should apply even during winter season.
-Tri- Luma cream ( Hydroquinone 4%+ fluocinoloneacetonide 0.1%+ Tretinoin 0.01%) to apply at night, only on the lesion, for 2 weeks
- La shied gel based sunscreen, SPF not less Than 30 .
- Antoxid HC capsules once daily for 1 month
1)Proper application of sunscreen
- Since Tri-Luma cream is a photosensitive medication it is very important to follow a proper sunscreen routine
- Application 2 hours before getting out in sun for proper activations of the components
- Double applications once in the morning and the next at noon time .
- Should apply sunscreen even when indoors as UV rays can seep in through the windows
- Should apply even during Winter season
2) Keep hydrated . Drink minimum 8 glasses of water
3) Have lots of green leafy veggies and fruits rich in antioxidants .
Follow up after 2 weeks.
Was this answer helpful?|
.. that you are concerned. As you have described it might be a case of mild inflammation caused by heat to the skin.It should subside in couple of day, just use some moisturizing cream.Skin over scrotum in particular is very thin and soft, so avoid d... Read fullAre there any natural ways to treat open pores and melasma?
.. pores develop due to hormonal changes after pregnancy. It can also be due to consumption of oily and spicy fried junk foods. Sometimes, oral contraceptive pills and corticosteroids also cause those symptoms. Anxiety and stress can also cause ... Read fullCan I use Tezcort 3S for yellow skin and melasma?
Once the pimples subside, you can use the Brite Lite cream at night over the melasma in small quantities or you could go for chemical peeling ... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now