I have this red patch on my face, it appeared around beginning of this year on both cheeks and then I had it consulted with a general physician and issued me a prescription of Physiogel calming relief cream since it was itchy every night. The one in the left cheek completely healed but on my right cheek it sometimes gets worse or lessens but never disappeared.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
Hope you are having a good day and staying safe.
1) I understand your concern, but please send me a photo of the lesions so that I can rule out various causes that leads to the symptoms.
2) The possible causes are:
- Fungal infection
- Bacterial Infections like folliculitis.
- Photosensitive rashes.
- Drug allergy.
- Food allergy.
- Contact dermatitis.
3) Please attach a photo so that I can give a definitive diagnosis.
Thank you doctor,
The texture bacame rough lately and worsens when I wear surgical mask when going out.
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
1) I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it looks like melasma due to photoreaction or sunsentivity. It tends to change its color when there is less of sun damage and more or it accordingly and that is why you observed the same. There is no need for panic as it can be treated.
2) You can use:
- Tri- Luma cream ( Hydroquinone 4%+ fluocinoloneacetonide 0.1%+ Tretinoin 0.01%) to apply at night, only on the lesion, for 2 weeks.
- La shied gel based sunscreen, SPF not less Than 30.
- Antoxid HC capsules once daily for 1 month.
Provided you do not have any prior allergy to these medications.
Please review after 2 weeks as TriLuma cream should not be used for prolonged periods.
3) Proper application of sunscreen.
- Since Tri-Luma cream is a photosensitive medication it is very important to follow a proper sunscreen routine.
- Application 2 hours before getting out in sun for proper activations of the components.
- Double applications once in the morning and the next at noon time.
- Should apply sunscreen even when indoors as UV rays can seep in through the windows.
- Should apply even during winter season.
-Tri- Luma cream ( Hydroquinone 4%+ fluocinoloneacetonide 0.1%+ Tretinoin 0.01%) to apply at night, only on the lesion, for 2 weeks
- La shied gel based sunscreen, SPF not less Than 30 .
- Antoxid HC capsules once daily for 1 month
1)Proper application of sunscreen
- Since Tri-Luma cream is a photosensitive medication it is very important to follow a proper sunscreen routine
- Application 2 hours before getting out in sun for proper activations of the components
- Double applications once in the morning and the next at noon time .
- Should apply sunscreen even when indoors as UV rays can seep in through the windows
- Should apply even during Winter season
2) Keep hydrated . Drink minimum 8 glasses of water
3) Have lots of green leafy veggies and fruits rich in antioxidants .
Follow up after 2 weeks.
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
If melasma remains resistant even after taking treatment, then it is good to do chemical peels ... Read fullPlease advise the best treatment for heel pain.
.. mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness... Read fullKindly suggest some solution for sudden knee pain.
.. writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like ski... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dermatologist Now