Q. Kindly suggest some solution for sudden knee pain.

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2019

This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

Thanks for writing to this platform.

You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness, swelling, local warmth, etc? If it is just a localized knee pain with no associated symptoms, my advice to you will be:

1. Gentle anti-inflammatory medications like tablets Etoshine (Etoricoxib) or Paracetamol can be taken in small doses for five to seven days.
  2. Adequate calcium and vitamin D supplementation as per requirement.
  3. Intensive ice packs at home for three to four times a day.
  4. Activity modification as in to give adequate rest and avoid heavy physical activity till your pain subsides. See how it goes for around two weeks of time. Normally the pain should settle within a week.
  5. If your condition does not improve, then we need to get certain investigations done.

Do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further information/SOS (as necessary).

|