Q. Kindly suggest some solution for sudden knee pain.

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
Published on Jan 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 05, 2019

This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

Thanks for writing to this platform.

You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness, swelling, local warmth, etc? If it is just a localized knee pain with no associated symptoms, my advice to you will be:

1. Gentle anti-inflammatory medications like tablets Etoshine (Etoricoxib) or Paracetamol can be taken in small doses for five to seven days.
  2. Adequate calcium and vitamin D supplementation as per requirement.
  3. Intensive ice packs at home for three to four times a day.
  4. Activity modification as in to give adequate rest and avoid heavy physical activity till your pain subsides. See how it goes for around two weeks of time. Normally the pain should settle within a week.
  5. If your condition does not improve, then we need to get certain investigations done.

Do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further information/SOS (as necessary).

Why does my wife have severe back pain after normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy last month, which was a normal delivery. Whenever she moves, the muscles on the upper right ribs below the breast gets pulled. Also, she has a severe lower back ache, which is unbearable. Can you please suggest some medicines for it? For now, we are puttin...  Read Full >>

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The back pain post-delivery is mainly related to lack of calcium, inadequate rest, and poor hydration. Please see to it that you take calcium supplements and calcium-rich food. Take plenty of fluids. The back pain and catch in the ribs could also be related to faulty br...  Read Full

If I had six Paracetamol tablets and seven of Mefenamic acid, how bad can it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. What if I have six tablets of 500 mg Paracetamol (Crocin advance) and seven tablets of 500 mg Mefenamic acid (Ponstan forte) at one go (within five minutes)? How bad will it be? What will the side effects be?  Read Full >>

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This dose is really too high. You should not take medicines like this without a proper prescription from your doctor. You may have an acute liver failure. Stop them right now and take a high-carbohydrate diet for the next five to seven days. ...  Read Full

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged. I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her ...  Read Full

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now