Referred Pain

Can a bone in the throat break by yawning?

Query: Hi doctor, I yawned and heard a popping sound and got hurt. Did I break something in my throat? Can a bone from the throat be broken due to yawning?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from pain in the throat after yawning. And your query is about the possibility of breaking a bone from the throat after yawning. I think it is impossible, and only...  Read Full »

Is a burst of pain in one ear while hiccups or yawn serious?

Query: currently have a pretty significant burst of pain in my left ear when i hiccup and when I have a big yawn. There is very very slight overall pain in the left ear but I only notice it when I really think about it. A month and a half back, I ruptured my left eardrum. I was tubing in a lake, and the t...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, As per your history, you may be having referred pain from the gums or due to increase pressure in the Eustachian tube. Ear pain are really very excruciating pain. For now you don’t have to worry You can take Tab paracetamol 500mg ibuprofen 400 mg 1 Tab whenever you are feeling di...  Read Full »

How is a growing, movable mass in the occipital area treated?

Query: I was having a movable mass at my occipital part for the past 2years as far as i remember, but this year it got bigger and can really felt it when i'm lying down when its press by a hard pillow which i'm using but then choose a soft one now. i was supposed to have it consulted last month but the Pan...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq There can be both possibilities that this pain is related to eye or the mass. But as you mentioned that it’s growing bigger now so first of all I would suggest that you should go for incision and drainage. Once it’s removed and your headache continues you can go ...  Read Full »

What can cause pain and tenderness in the jaw, teeth sensitivity, and neck pain?

Query: Hi I have been getting pain and tenderness in my jaw and face area also sensitivity in my teeth pain pressure around my head / temples on top of my scalp painful / blocked ears , clicking when I open and close my mouth and pain in my shoulders and neck mainly the front of my neck just under chin all...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hi, I read your concern In my opinion you might have a Temperomandibular joint issue... That could have refffered pain all over. With upper neck stability issue.. I recommend you to kindly get checked with a physiotherapist properly diagnosed and paln the treatment. As of now I recommend you to d...  Read Full »

Why do I feel pain in the entire lower jaw post wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hi doctor, Exactly a week back, I had my lower wisdom tooth extracted along with root canal on the adjacent tooth. I am having pain even after a week. But the pain is confined to the lower front tooth. Is this possible? Sometimes, I feel like there is a pain in my entire lower jaw. The pain is not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Healing after wisdom tooth extraction takes three to five days. But if the tooth was quite challenging to remove, it will take a few extra days to heal. Pain after extraction is quite normal. However, the intensity of pain comes down ev...  Read Full »

Which leg posture is best to avoid pain in legs?

Query: Hi doctor, I use the computer and sit 10 hours daily in the office chair since last five years. I feel pain in inner thighs sometimes. Since last few days, I have felt severe pain in both inner thighs and have taken one Voveran and Paracetamol tablet. It feels good after taking medicine or applying ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have pathology at the spinal level, causing postural or mechanical backache or a hip or sacrococcygeal joint pathology with referred pain in the thighs. Pain over the inner thigh can be due to either of the two causes mentioned above. To diagnose the cause ...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in root canal treated tooth after a bleaching session?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a root canal on my front tooth about seven years ago, it had to be redone about a month ago. Yesterday, I had an appointment for internal bleaching. The procedure did not hurt at all. But today, I have a feeling of pressure in the tooth that even goes up to the bridge of the nose...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohit Jain

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To begin with, it is true that once a root canal procedure is performed on a tooth, it loses its vitality and no longer has nerve supply. However, after internal bleaching sometimes patients do tend to experience pain in other teeth which subsides spontaneously in 4...  Read Full »

Please explain if my teeth pressure and pain are due to TMJ problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I had fillings done around two months ago. Two of my teeth with fillings started to hurt three days ago. Also, I had pain in my ears. However, I also had pressure and crackling going on in my both ears. I have had issues going on with my ears for a while, I have been on a decongestant fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your complaint and the relevant details. You have mentioned that you are better after being under the medication Mucus D (pseudoephedrine). This is a nasal decongestant used for sinus infections and cold. With this, I suspect that you have got sinusiti...  Read Full »

I have pain in right chest that goes through the armpit down to elbow. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old young professional. For the last three months, I have been having this sudden pain in the right chest that would go through my armpit down to my elbow. It would be so painful that I cannot move until the pain subsides. I have a sedentary lifestyle. So, it could not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have musculoskeletal pain which causes severe sharp pain especially when you move or breathe. This could be caused by exposure to direct air conditioner or fan. Please let me know if you have any skin redness or vesicles. I suggest applying Deep heat cream thri...  Read Full »

Does my uncle's blood report explain as to why he has a constant chest and stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My uncle is having constant chest pain and stomach ache. His hemoglobin level is 6.20 mg/dL; platelet count is 598000 per mcL and ESR is 60 mm/hour. What is causing his symptoms? I am attaching my uncle's blood reports.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your uncle's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your uncle's hemoglobin is low, and platelet count is raised. A peripheral smear examination has to be done. If the peripheral smear is suspicious, then further workup needs to be...  Read Full »