Reflux Esophagitis

I feel dizzy and vomiting suddenly for about a week. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am feeling dizziness and vomiting sensation for over one week. Rest everything is fine. Periods are normal and just had periods ten days back. I just had my blood test done. Kindly advise the possible medication and preventive health care. I am attaching my complete blood report.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: Most of the values are borderline normal. Early iron deficiency anemia manifestations through low MCV and MCHC are present. However, iron levels are norm...  Read Full »

I feel like I have something stuck in my chest. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male, and I feel like something is stuck in my chest for about a week now. And this feeling is not going away. It is very uncomfortable, and I am scared about having cancer. I have been to a doctor, and he says I have an inflamed esophagus, but medicines are not hel...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Greetings of the day. Yes, it could be inflammation of the esophagus because it has an acute onset. Other possibilities are an esophageal stricture, causing narrowing of the lumen and pain while swallowing. There are various causes of inflammation and stricture of the...  Read Full »

What can be done to manage reflux esophagitis?

Query: Hello doctor,I have reflux esophagitis as determined by endoscopy last month. They found grade M tear in GE junction and also mucosal atrophy reported. H-pylori was found in rapid urease test. I am on Clarithromycin, Amoxicillin and Esomeprazole medication for 14 days and I have three days of course...  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail. Usually, reflux esophagitis is reported based on the Los Angeles classification, which does not have a grade called M, but going through the report it is mentioned minimal changes of reflux esophagitis with the lax sphincter. Your...  Read Full »

Is stress chest pain related to heart or GERD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. I am suffering from stress chest pain for the past one year. 2D echo and ECG are also normal. Is it related to heart or GERD or chest wall? I am taking Cita-S 10 mg and Pantosec.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your pain at your chest wall may be due to stress or heartburn from acid reflux. I am suggesting that you have developed a stress ulcer which can lead to acid reflux esophagitis. Are you on any form of stress lately? If so please take some time off for adequate res...  Read Full »

There was blood in the spit. What might be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I spit blood early in the morning after waking up. I consulted a dentist and then a chest specialist, who advised bronchoscopy and sputum tests. The reports were normal. But, nobody could find the cause for the blood in spit. It is happening from the past two years. Not regularly, but...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common causes of early morning blood in the sputum are: Chest infection or tuberculosis. Cardiac issues like rheumatic heart disease. Reflux esophagitis. Now, if your chest has been evaluated and a clearance has been given by your doctor, then my recommendatio...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentist, Oral Implantologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms that you have explained are right. If you have acid reflux problem and in your case, it looks like there is too much of acid refluxing in your mouth from the stomach. This acid can erode your teeth making the enamel thin due to loss of minerals. I have common...  Read Full »