Q. Is stress chest pain related to heart or GERD?

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am 32 years old. I am suffering from stress chest pain for the past one year. 2D echo and ECG are also normal. Is it related to heart or GERD or chest wall?

I am taking Cita-S 10 mg and Pantosec.

#

Your pain at your chest wall may be due to stress or heartburn from acid reflux.

I am suggesting that you have developed a stress ulcer which can lead to acid reflux esophagitis.

Are you on any form of stress lately? If so please take some time off for adequate rest.

You can go ahead to do your echocardiogram to rule out any form of heart disease which can produce chest pain.

Meanwhile, you can continue the suggested medication for the pain and combine it with some antacids until you receive the outcome of your diagnostic test.

Stress.

Echocardiogram.

1. Reflux esophagitis.
2. Hypertensive heart disease.

Reflux esophagitis.

Adequate rest and antacids.

Reduce stress event.

Revert back with the echo report to a vascular surgeon online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/vascular-surgeon

|