Q. Can you please suggest if the prescribed glasses are enough to correct the refractive error?

Dr. Gargi Madhukar Apte

I would like to have your opinion on eye treatment I availed. I have been prescribed glasses with specified power lenses. I have also been prescribed eye drops to minimize eye irritation, burning sensation, and dryness in my eyes. However, my profession demands high screen exposure time which has deteriorated my vision.

Please suggest if it is enough to heal.

#

According to the reports, you have refractive error for which you need to wear glasses constantly and use antiglare and blue filter glasses. As you are using the screen excessively, it is advisable to put drops at least four times daily, mainly every two hours when in front of the laptop and once at night before you sleep. Also, give warm compresses to your eyes daily morning and evening for eight days. I suggest you start (consult with a specialist doctor, talk with him or her and take medicines with their consent) on eye ointment Softdrops morning and evening, which will help you with dry eyes. Do follow up after eight days.

Thank you for the response.

I am attaching the prescription where the doctor has mentioned the glass power for your reference. Please advise me on this.

#

Your vision is improving to 100 % with the prescribed power, so you can continue with the same glasses and check eye power yearly once.

Take care.

|